Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 rejected help!

Dear immihelp members,

My L2 visa got rejected recently. The reason mentioned by consulate was misrepresentation (as they didn't approved our marriage certificate).
    Me and my husband got married in Arya samaj temple and then registered the marriage in marriage registration office. They even cancelled my husband's L1 and B1 and my B1 visa.

Following is what happened there at the interview,

Visa Officer: Good morning
    Me: Good morning, how are you doing?

Visa officer: Fine, please give me your passport and your husband's I97
    (I handed over the docs to her)

Visa officer: when did you got married?
    Me: mentioned the date?
    Visa officer : Love or arrange
    Me: Love
    VO: oh wow. when did you first met him? (few questions about relationship like date etc)
    (I told her everything)
    VO: Can I see your marriage certificate?
    Me: sure (I gave her Arya samaj certificates and marriage registration certificate)
    VO: So you married in a temple?
    Me: Yes
    VO:was it a real temple?
    Me: Yup
    VO: Can I see some photographs?
    Me: Yup (3 photographs, one me and my husband exchanging garlands, second me and my husband before marriage, third me and my husband with our two friends )
    VO: This isn't a marriage , where are the photographs with other rituals? phrase etc?
    Me: Ma'am, this a legal marriage I believe and one can have less rituals. we had a priest who read all **** **s and we did few rituals.
    Vo: this isn't a valid certificate.
    Me: But we did registered this in a marriage registration office and its with govt seal and all I believe it is legal and valid proof.
    Vo: Give me a moment. take a sit.
    Me: ok thank you
    (attendant: mam please go to room 8)

An another VO2 was there in room 8 (looked like Indian)
    Asked similar questions like the lady and then
    VO: mam agree with me that you are not married.
    me: I am married and I already gave you the proof my certificates
    VO: This is not a valid certificate . where are rituals ? according to Hindu marriages etc
    Me: explained everything
    VO: please write what I say
    he forcefully y made me write that
    me and my fiancee (I insisted on husband but he was very dominating) are not married we went to Arya samaj as our lawyer suggested and exchanged garlands but no other rituals we might do the ceremony within this this time.
    After this he said there is another VO coming you explain everything to her and we will give you another chance to you to reapply.
    Me : ok (with almost crying like eyes)
    VO 3 came and began asking the same questions wrt my relationship etc, then she started asking me about my B1 visa and recent travel 3 months ago.

Obviously one can not remember all the exact date of where you went and what you did. (I TRAVELLED FOR A CONFERENCE FOR 3 WEEKS FEB-MARCH)

I answered whatever I could.

VO: you never actually went to US.
    Me: Explained everything related to travel
    VO: IS YOUR HUSBAND there outside? Me: yes, VO: please wait outside and call him inside with his passport
    Me: he is not carrying it with him
    VO: ok just tell the help desk to call him inside
    Me ok

My husband was called inside without any appointments

He was called into the same room 8
    They asked him similar questions regarding our relationship /date marriage and all for 1 hrs
    They called me inside after 1 hrs
    Me and my husband were sitting together in the room
    All three VOs were there and handed us two refusal notes
    In my letter the reason mentioned was Misrepresentation and his was alien trafficking. Further they said they cancelled all our existing visas

We were shocked.
    If they wanted more proof they could have simply denied my visa for insufficient documents.

Please suggest what should we do next? Is there chances we can get our visa back because the certificate we presentation was a valid marriage certificate from the office.

Originally posted by Bunny07 View Post
    Dear immihelp members,

My L2 visa got rejected recently. The reason mentioned by consulate was misrepresentation (as they didn't approved our marriage certificate).
    Me and my husband got married in Arya samaj temple and then registered the marriage in marriage registration office. They even cancelled my husband's L1 and B1 and my B1 visa.

VO: oh wow. when did you first met him? (few questions about relationship like date etc)
    (I told her everything)
    Me: sure (I gave her Arya samaj certificates and marriage registration certificate)
    Me: Yup (3 photographs, one me and my husband exchanging garlands, second me and my husband before marriage, third me and my husband with our two friends )
    VO: This isn't a marriage , where are the photographs with other rituals? phrase etc?
    Me: Ma'am, this a legal marriage I believe and one can have less rituals. we had a priest who read all **** **s and we did few rituals.
    Me: But we did registered this in a marriage registration office and its with govt seal and all I believe it is legal and valid proof.

VO: This is not a valid certificate . where are rituals ? according to Hindu marriages etc
    me and my fiancee (I insisted on husband but he was very dominating) are not married we went to Arya samaj as our lawyer suggested and exchanged garlands but no other rituals we might do the ceremony within this this time.
    After this he said there is another VO coming you explain everything to her and we will give you another chance to you to reapply.
    VO 3 came and began asking the same questions wrt my relationship etc, then she started asking me about my B1 visa and recent travel 3 months ago.

Obviously one can not remember all the exact date of where you went and what you did. (I TRAVELLED FOR A CONFERENCE FOR 3 WEEKS FEB-MARCH)

VO: IS YOUR HUSBAND there outside? Me: yes, VO: please wait outside and call him inside with his passport
    Me ok

They asked him similar questions regarding our relationship /date marriage and all for 1 hrs
    In my letter the reason mentioned was Misrepresentation and his was alien trafficking. Further they said they cancelled all our existing visas

We were shocked.
    If they wanted more proof they could have simply denied my visa for insufficient documents.

Please suggest what should we do next? Is there chances we can get our visa back because the certificate we presentation was a valid marriage certificate from the office.
    I would consult with an attorney on what your next steps would be
    This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Same Issue with me

Were you guys able to find any solution to this issue. We have the same Issue.

Comment

I have the same Issue

Any suggestions. Were you able to find any solution to move forward.

Comment

I have a similar situation.

Originally posted by Bunny07 View Post
          Dear immihelp members,

(I told her everything)

Me ok

We were shocked.

Please reply if something improved for you guys

Comment

Originally posted by adi1992 View Post
            Please reply if something improved for you guys
            I guess, they both were not prepared or expected that their interview will be so hard on them.

Few observations,
            - theirs was love marriage
            - without presence of their own parents
            - not all rituals are done
            - they both were interviewed separately - might have given contradicting answers for the same questions (they were not prepared)

Getting certain original/ **** documents in India is easy. VOs do not easily trust on them.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Guys, what was the location of interview?

Comment

H4 rejected H1B revoked - Arya Samj wedding and wedding pictures I

I am also in same condition. I was denied H4 and my husband's H1B was revoked after a week. Consular officers presumed that marriage didn't happen. They asked similar questions . Then they pressured me to accept what they were telling. When I didn't accept their **** story, they asked security to bring in my phone from locker. They read few chats and saw some pictures and linked them somehow with their story. Can someone please tell us if there is any chance for reversing this decision ?
                Please let us know what happened to you guys. Please help.

Comment

Did any of you got this issue resolved some how? I am on the same boat. Will my husband's visa be also revoked? they told me that it will be but its not yet revoked after 3 months.

Comment

Guys were anyone of you able to solve this ? I’m still stuck.

Comment

This is a serious matter, if you are stuck in that situation, better to consult an experienced attorney.

For others, ensure you carry ample number of photographs, showing you performing local rituals in presence of all family members (Specially both parents). Local consulate understands about local rituals & you'll need to show that those rituals were really performed in presence of priest & family members.
                      - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X