L1A receipt notice in EAD renewal application

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A receipt notice in EAD renewal application

I applied for my wife's L2 EAD renewal by myself. In the submission packet, I sent my wife's L2 receipt notice to USCIS with other supporting documents, but was not able to send my L1A receipt notice as it was with the company.
    I got my L1A receipt notice now. Should I send it to USCIS or wait for their RFE ?

Originally posted by sromit View Post
    I applied for my wife's L2 EAD renewal by myself. In the submission packet, I sent my wife's L2 receipt notice to USCIS with other supporting documents, but was not able to send my L1A receipt notice as it was with the company.
    I got my L1A receipt notice now. Should I send it to USCIS or wait for their RFE ?
    Please do not send additional documentation to USCIS outside of the package already sent. Respond if (or when) an RFE is issued.

Good luck
    Rajesh

Comment

L1A receipt notice in EAD renewal application

Originally posted by arajesh19 View Post
      Please do not send additional documentation to USCIS outside of the package already sent. Respond if (or when) an RFE is issued.

Good luck
      Rajesh
      Thanks Rajesh for the advice. I think they will have all the records..but lets see if they send any query

Comment

L2 EAD with L1 receipt notice

Hi,
        I have applied for L2 EAD renewal with L1,L2 extension receipt notice. My EAD expiry date is april 13,2019. I am worried about getting my EAD on time and continuing with my current job. Can anyone let me know the expedite process. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eadaspirant View Post
          Hi,
          I have applied for L2 EAD renewal with L1,L2 extension receipt notice. My EAD expiry date is april 13,2019. I am worried about getting my EAD on time and continuing with my current job. Can anyone let me know the expedite process. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
          Thanks
          Hello,

This is a sequential process. L2 EAD renewal depends on L2 extension which depends on L1 extension. Unless L1 and L2 extensions are approved, EAD renewal will not happen. You might receive an RFE asking for approved L1/L2 extensions in order for USCIS to adjudicate your L2 EAD renewal. Unfortunately, there isnt an expedite process for L2 EAD renewal (if something has changed since 2017 - when I last applied for L2 EAD renewal - then please refer to the USCIS website). The only way to expedite something of this list would be to upgrade your L1 extension to premium.

Alternatively, as you complete 75 days of wait time after your EAD receipt notice was generated, you can contact USCIS to check on status and after 90 days or so, you could (should) contact your local congressman's office for assistance with expediting. Again, all this is subject to L1/L2 extensions.

Hope this helps.
          Rajesh

Comment

Thanks Rajesh for the clarification. L1 extension has been upgraded to premium and RFE was issued last week. We are expecting a response after the RFE review by the end of this month. I am confused about expediting my EAD renewal before L1 approval so that i can receive my EAD on time to continue with my current job. As the average processing time with California service center is 3 to 4 months. Can you provide me information about expediting through local congressman office. Do you know of any website to find this information. Thank you in advance.
            Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by eadaspirant View Post
              Thanks Rajesh for the clarification. L1 extension has been upgraded to premium and RFE was issued last week. We are expecting a response after the RFE review by the end of this month. I am confused about expediting my EAD renewal before L1 approval so that i can receive my EAD on time to continue with my current job. As the average processing time with California service center is 3 to 4 months. Can you provide me information about expediting through local congressman office. Do you know of any website to find this information. Thank you in advance.
              Thanks
              Hello,

Hopefully I didn't confuse you. You cannot expedite L2 EAD Renewal. The help from the congressman's office cannot (rather should not be) be done this early in the application review process. It's only when 75+ days have passed and you have not received any updates on your renewal case should you contact them for assistance. And that too, it is not a guarantee that their office will be able to help get a decision on your case (it is just an option to use).

For starters, please search on the web for the congressman/congresswoman who serves your zipcode and they would have a website where such assistance can be requested.

Thank you
              Rajesh

Comment

Thanks Rajesh for all your information. Did anyone get their EAD renewed in the recent days. How long was your processing time at CSC. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Hi,
                  Did anyone get their L2 EAD renewal approval based on L1 and L2 extension receipt notice?
                  Please respond.
                  Thanks

Comment

I applied for L2 EAD renewal on Feb3-2019 based on receipt notice but got an RFE on 4April2019. I am waiting for the mail

Comment

In my case, here was the timeline:

Applied for L-1A + L-2 + L-2EAD

7 months later, L-2EAD was approved and delivered. L-1A and L-2 were still under processing.

3 weeks after the L-2EAD approval. L-1A and L-2 were also approved. I didnt go for Premium Processing for other reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by avenger1976 View Post
                        In my case, here was the timeline:

Applied for L-1A + L-2 + L-2EAD

7 months later, L-2EAD was approved and delivered. L-1A and L-2 were still under processing.

3 weeks after the L-2EAD approval. L-1A and L-2 were also approved. I didnt go for Premium Processing for other reasons.
                        What was your service center ?? My L1A +L2 went to Texas but EAD went to Vermont

Comment

CA.

Receipt numbers were WAC **** *

Comment

Originally posted by avenger1976 View Post
                            CA.

Receipt numbers were WAC **** *
                            Was there any RFE in your case?

Comment

No. Just a long processing time.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}