Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-IB-Petition Approved - VO issued 221G

Hi All,

Today (12-Mar-19) I had been interviewed by consulate officer for L-1B and got 221G with comment crossed on "Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(B),(C), or (D), or INA 101(a) (15)(L)".

She said to discuss with my HR for further actions.

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed further?

Is the visa denied or any additional documents required for submission?

I have gone thru the forum and somewhere I read as if administrative processing means it will not happen for a year or so.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Pugal View Post
    Hi All,

Today (12-Mar-19) I had been interviewed by consulate officer for L-1B and got 221G with comment crossed on "Your Blanket L-1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(B),(C), or (D), or INA 101(a) (15)(L)".

She said to discuss with my HR for further actions.

Can anyone suggest me how to proceed further?

Is the visa denied or any additional documents required for submission?

I have gone thru the forum and somewhere I read as if administrative processing means it will not happen for a year or so.
    You can assume it is denied for Blanket petition. The next you can do is to go with Individual petition.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      You can assume it is denied for Blanket petition. The next you can do is to go with Individual petition.
      Thanks for the reply Sir.

1. What is the difference between Visa denial and form 221G?

2. Do you have any idea for rejection, so that I can prepare for L-1 Individual.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

1. What is the difference between Visa denial and form 221G?
        Visa denial is you are not eligible for the visa.
        221G tells that your visa is neither denied nor approved - as it was not clearly proven. Your HR should know about it & they will apply for Individual petition. This is happening a lot now a days.
        2. Do you have any idea for rejection, so that I can prepare for L-1 Individual.
        I too had exact similar issue, blanket got 221G & then approved on Individual.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

221G tells that your visa is neither denied nor approved - as it was not clearly proven. Your HR should know about it & they will apply for Individual petition. This is happening a lot now a days.

Thanks a lot, Sir. Got positive information from you :-)

Comment

Thanks a lot, Sir. Got positive information from you :-)
            Best of luck !!

Comment

Hi Sir,

After L1B Blanket denial on March'19, I had applied for L1B Individual on June'19. Then received RFE on July'19.
              Submitted the RFE responses on last week of August. (RFE for a detailed explanation of duties, responsibilities and Org chart for Onsite and Offshore)

Today received the email from USCIS, stating petition is denied. Yet to receive an official email from Attorney.

1. Is there any specific reasons for petition denial.
              2. Shall I move forward again with revised petition submission or
              3. I should apply L1B Individual again?

Requesting inputs, please.
              Attached Files

Comment

Can anyone share your experiences?

Comment

1. Is there any specific reasons for petition denial.
                  Wait for the denial notice, it will have complete detail as to why they think this visa is not for you. Most probably your attorney was not able to clearly explain that you are really a "specialized skill" person & no one in USA can replace you.
                  2. Shall I move forward again with revised petition submission or
                  I would suggest to wait for sometime.
                  3. I should apply L1B Individual again?
                  Blanket is definitely not for you. If possible, try for L1A.

Comment

Hi Sir. Thank you for the suggestions.

I would suggest to wait for sometime.
                    Is there any cooling period to re-apply?

Blanket is definitely not for you. If possible, try for L1A.
                    Will, it's possible to switch to L1A from L1B?
                    Do USCIS won't think that am using all options for Visa, as earlier i applied for Specialized Knowledge and now in Managerial category.

Apologize for asking these questions as my Visa team is just behaving like a mediator between Attorney and me. Didn't got any suggestions from them.

Thanks
                    Last edited by Pugal; 10-01-2019, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Will, it's possible to switch to L1A from L1B?
                      Certainly.
                      Do USCIS won't think that am using all options for Visa, as earlier i applied for Specialized Knowledge and now in Managerial category.
                      People gets promotion over a period of time & thats a normal scenario. My suggestion would be to wait for 6-12 months & then apply for L1A.
                      Apologize for asking these questions as my Visa team is just behaving like a mediator between Attorney and me. Didn't got any suggestions from them.
                      Frankly this is not in their hand & neither can they really do anything.

Comment

Certainly.

People gets promotion over a period of time & thats a normal scenario. My suggestion would be to wait for 6-12 months & then apply for L1A.

Frankly this is not in their hand & neither can they really do anything.
                        Thank you Sir :-)

Comment

Hi forum members,

My L1B Visa got rejected way back in 2015 , more than 4 years now . Since then I have been looking for some opportunities and recently I have been again asked for L1 . Now thing is our immigration team in US is saying that I cant apply under L1 blanket petition . Can someone please help if there is such regulation that we cant apply under blanket petition even after passage of time (more than 4 years in my case) . They said only option available now is individual petition which has more chances of rejection. So to conclude -
                          1.) Is it really we can never apply for blanket petition once rejected ever if in same organisation
                          2.) Do individual petition has more chances of rejection

Comment

Copy/pasting your comments across multiple thread won't help:
                            Hi forum members, My L1B Visa got rejected way back in 2015 , more than 4 years now . Since then I have been looking for some opportunities and recently I have been again asked for L1 . Now thing is our immigration team in US is saying that I cant apply under L1 blanket petition . Can someone please help if there is such

Comment

Hi,
                              My L1B blanket got rejected with 221g blue slip (Your blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(ii)(B), (C) or (D), or INA 101(a) (15)(L). ustraveldocs website shows my passport with US embassy/consulate.
                              In interview VO didnt ask specialized skill asked what is your role.
                              I understand it is soft rejection.
                              Iam 15+ years exp working as manager now what are the options left to me.
                              1.Can I apply L1A blanket/individual petition
                              2.L1B individual
                              which one is better option and more chances of approval.
                              Iam interested in going with L1A as am working as Manager but cmpany filed L1B blanket.

Please suggest.

Thanks
                              Ram

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X