Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1A Blanket not approved on March 14 2019- VO issued 221G.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A Blanket not approved on March 14 2019- VO issued 221G.

Hello All,

Today I had my L1A Blanket Interview and not approved, would like to share my experience,

I went with my family, submitted triplets of I-129S, 797 and Ds 160 appointment receipt with my passport.

Vo asked 6 questions i answered them all,

1. What is your company name?
    YYYY

2. Why do you travel to USA and your job duties there?
    Explained the reason for my transfer and my roles, duties.

3. What is your Salary?
    YYYY

4. What is your office location?
    YYYY

5. Will you work in client location or anywhere else?
    I mentioned my location would be my parent company because its product base company not in client location.

6. How many direct report you have?
    I mentioned its 3.

After All, VO issued form 221g saying your visa is not clearly approvable, i'm completely shocked and disappointed because - all my documents in terms of total experience, current company experience in India location, all are upto the mark including my US proposed salary. But i'm not sure what went wrong for the rejection.
    VO not taken some time to verify my letters from my company/attorney (the letter to support the petition, G 28, or org charts or any other documents which i carried).
    He not looked at my I-129S and nor asked any questions to my spouse. He only viewed Ds 160 online in the system, asked above mentioned questions and keep typing!
    Finally he said not cleary approvable.

I believe more than documents, talents we carry it also depends on some luck. My discussion was only went for 5 minutes, how the decision made by VO in that 5 minutes.(also dont know if it was already decided).

:-( Now what i should do next!

Is there something can turn positive with the help of company after receiving 221g ?
    Do I need to go for individual petition, what is the success rate for individual petition?
    Do I need to ask my company to process for Individual petition?

I'm trying to recover from this incident to make myself more stronger.

Thank You everyone for the support and suggestions provided in this forum.

All the best for others......
    Last edited by sairam@1; 03-14-2019, 06:50 AM.

Same incident happened to me for L-1B. Expecting response from HR.

Anyhow hope for best.

Comment

Wow, that sound freightening. How soon can you go for the interview again?

Now I dont know if this might be a little sensitive, but I see a lot of people from India posting here. Do you guys think there is a reservation towards the ethnicity of the Indian people in regards to getting the visa? I.e. do you reckon that the "chances" are higher for people say from UK, or Western Europe, than from e.g. India?

Comment

Originally posted by Triphelp View Post

Now I dont know if this might be a little sensitive, but I see a lot of people from India posting here. Do you guys think there is a reservation towards the ethnicity of the Indian people in regards to getting the visa? I.e. do you reckon that the "chances" are higher for people say from UK, or Western Europe, than from e.g. India?
        May be from India there are lots of applications incoming than the other countries so rejection is high. Definitely rejection rates should be lesser in Uk from the information Im seeing in the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Pugal View Post
        Same incident happened to me for L-1B. Expecting response from HR.

Anyhow hope for best.
        Hi Pugal
        When you attended, please share your experience too. It might be helpful for others.

Comment

Originally posted by sairam@1 View Post
          May be from India there are lots of applications incoming than the other countries so rejection is high. Definitely rejection rates should be lesser in Uk from the information Im seeing in the forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Pugal
          When you attended, please share your experience too. It might be helpful for others.

Comment

Ok, exactly similar situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Triphelp View Post

Legally, VOs cannot be biased for any country of origin or ethnicity. If they want to restrict something, they have to do it publicly & have to publish it - like they do for other visas & green cards.
              - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi Sairam,

I'm in the same situation where my L1A blanket VISA is rejected, My company is planning to refile. I would like to know your current VISA status. Thank You.

Comment

I saw your message in another post and recommended to go for L1A Individual. To your question now, my employer Initiated L1A Individual now.

Comment

Thank you for the response Sairam. Best of luck for your L1A individual.

Comment

Welcome and All the best for you !

Comment

I had L1A blanket interview at 17th may 2019 and rejected with status "not clearly approved" and given blue slip with reason "your blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(iI)(B)(C) or (D) or INA 101(a) (15) L

​​​​​​VO asked me couple of questions only and seems to be in hurry.
                        1) what is your US salary
                        2) how many reporters do you have
                        3) org chart proposed at US
                        4) which organizant you working for which I mentioned but he asked who is customer so I think I should have mentioned US branch for same company. I mentioned client name and he raised his eyebrows. Also I said that I will be located at client location. I am not sure whether it's allowed to work from client office in L1a blanket?

Any idea what could be wrong? Others questions and answer are straight fwd

And whats the option now for me to get approval.
                        I had last year done with H1 not selected , this year with L1a blanket rejected so not sure whether next options

Comment

Originally posted by Mahesh l1a View Post
                          I had L1A blanket interview at 17th may 2019 and rejected with status "not clearly approved" and given blue slip with reason "your blanket L1 application is not clearly approvable under section 8 CFR 214.2 (I)(iI)(B)(C) or (D) or INA 101(a) (15) L

​​​​​​VO asked me couple of questions only and seems to be in hurry.
                          1) what is your US salary
                          2) how many reporters do you have
                          3) org chart proposed at US
                          4) which organizant you working for which I mentioned but he asked who is customer so I think I should have mentioned US branch for same company. I mentioned client name and he raised his eyebrows. Also I said that I will be located at client location. I am not sure whether it's allowed to work from client office in L1a blanket?

Any idea what could be wrong? Others questions and answer are straight fwd

And whats the option now for me to get approval.
                          I had last year done with H1 not selected , this year with L1a blanket rejected so not sure whether next options
                          Hi Mahesh

In my experience and the surveys, posts, information's provided from others, the l1a blanket is approved for the people who holds good designation in current employment and Proposed Us role, good Salary range in US probably >95, with good number of direct reports and you should fall in top level in Org Hierarchy like reporting to senior management, company brand and definitely with some luck. Without knowing your complete information i cannot comment what went wrong it could be probably your salary or the direct reports you have or designation mentioned based out of the questions. I see people got approved who works in client location so im not sure about that.

L1 blanket is purely decided by VO during the time of interview based upon your profile and interview outcome. The next option you can go for L1 A individual.

Thanks.

Not legal opinion, just suggestion
                          Last edited by sairam@1; 05-19-2019, 02:51 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X