Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview: kids or not?

HI all,

I am in dobut whether the kids under the age of 13 must go with the parents to the Consular/Embassy. This sites guidelines says yes, the official site says no:

US Visa Interview Guide - Complete guide for the U.S. visa interview procedure and helpful tips

"Children under the age of 14 are required to appear in person..."

There are only a few exceptions to the interview requirement. The following applicants generally do not have to appear in person:
    • Applicants for A-1, A-2 (official travelers on central government business), C-2, C-3 (central government officials in transit on central government business) or G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4 (central government officials traveling in connection with an international organization, or employees of an international organization)
    • Children aged 13 and under
    • Adults aged 80 or over
    • Applicants eligible to participate in the Visa Reissuance program

WHAT IS CORRECT?

Kids below 14 years need not to appear for interview, just drop their passports for stamping along with copy of your visa/petition etc.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

children under 14 not required, u need to take passport and photos of them

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X