Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I129 Extension denied

Hello Everyone,

Currently I am in US and my L1B I129 petition filed for extension shows denied status in the USCIS website today April, 04, 2019. yet to receive the denial letter from USCIS. Meanwhile, i wanted to know my options with my case denied and how many days do I have now to vacate US.

Thanks
    Shashi

More information is required to answer that.

Was there an RFE? which service center and when the case was filed? Individual or Blanket? Premium or Normal? More importantly, I94 is still valid or already expired?

Comment

Originally posted by ratedguy View Post
      More information is required to answer that.

Was there an RFE? which service center and when the case was filed? Individual or Blanket? Premium or Normal? More importantly, I94 is still valid or already expired?
      There was an RFE received in the month of Jan-2019. Texas service center and the case was filed back in Aug-2018. Blanket. converted to premium after I sent the RFE docs in Feb-2019. I94 is expired.

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi2014 View Post
        I94 is expired.
        If I94 is already expired, then my suggestion would be to start packing stuff to move out of country asap - it will be best for you in long term & if you thinking to enter USA again in future.

Your company/Attorney can look out for options to re-apply/appeal etc.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

If I94 is already expired, then my suggestion would be to start packing stuff to move out of country asap - it will be best for you in long term & if you thinking to enter USA again in future.

Your company/Attorney can look out for options to re-apply/appeal etc.
          I havent received the denial letter yet. The status is as shown in the USCIS website. will receiving the hard copy of the denial letter matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Shashi2014 View Post

I havent received the denial letter yet. The status is as shown in the USCIS website. will receiving the hard copy of the denial letter matter?
            Hi Shashi, I haven't seen any denial letter myself, thats why not 100% sure.

Based on my knowledge, denial letter will have a date by which you need to leave the country. Other forum posts mentioned that now-a-days it is coming as couple of days only. In that case, the delivery of denial letter won't matter, you should be out of country before the date.

At any rate, its always best in your interest to leave the country asap & try from outside to re-enter.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

Shashi2014, Please update the thread with the action you took.

Comment

Seems like he is keeping busy.

Comment

hi Guys, sorry for my delayed response. I am back in India. I was told to vacate US immediately. I flew back on April-20th. I am trying to apply for a new L1 petition. My company has a 3 month cooling period.

Comment

Shashi2014 Appreciate your response Shashi.. wanted to know about the cooling period. since you were in US for almost 3yrs already, is it possible to file just after 3 mnths? considering the requirement as ' should work outside US 1years in past 3years'. Please keep us posted how it goes

Comment

ratedguy - I was in US for only 9 months.

Comment

Shashi2014 - what was the date mentioned in your denial notice and what was the reason provided?

Comment

ratedguy - there was no date mentioned in the denial letter. The reason was stated as insufficient evidences supporting the specialized knowledge with detailed description of the insufficient proofs submitted.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X