Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L1 Individual Petition approved - What to expect next ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Individual Petition approved - What to expect next ?

Hi All - I had my L1 - B rejected in the month of October and then applied for L1 A individual therein petition got approved. I have a few questions mentioned. Request to please resolve my query :

1) I have my visa interview on 6th October. What kind of question should I expect?
    2) My lawyer suggested to only carry I 797B whereas on this website I have read somewhere that I - 129 form is also required. Please let me know what all documents are required for this?
    3) What question I should expect for my spouse. Since we are going together for an interview.
    4) What is the chance of visa getting rejected after an approved petition?

Thanks in advance for responding to my queries.

Originally posted by Arpit Jain View Post
    1) I have my visa interview on 6th October. What kind of question should I expect?
    Do you mean 10/06/2020 ? Question should be normal, search through this site for sample questions.
    2) My lawyer suggested to only carry I 797B whereas on this website I have read somewhere that I - 129 form is also required. Please let me know what all documents are required for this?
    So for individual petition you need to carry I797, for Blanket petition you need I129.
    3) What question I should expect for my spouse. Since we are going together for an interview.
    VO will just ensure that you both are really married, so may be marriage certificate, some photographs showing local rituals for wedding & question around the same, like date of wedding, how long you are together, where do you live, etc.
    Chances are very very less for rejection, an approved individual petition is like 99% chances of visa approval, unless you really mess up during interview or VO finds that you trying to do any "f r a u d".
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Sorry its 6th December....thanks for reply

Comment

Hi Arpit,

I'm in the same situation as you. My L1-B also got rejected on 04th Nov. It's been an emotionally draining experience.

Have the following queries:

1) Could you mention the exact dates for the overall process until now (L1A-Blanket interview date, L1A individual petition, Approval date)
        2) What all documents have been submitted for your L1A individual petition. Could you please list them for me (I need to submit documents for my petition as well).

Regards,

Manoj

Comment

Hi All - I had my L1 - B rejected in the month of October and then applied for L1 A individual therein petition got approved. I have a few questions mentioned. Request to please resolve my query :

Thanks in advance for responding to my queries.
          Hi,

Congratulations for approved petition. My petition has also been approved last week and I am still waiting for hard copy of approval notice. Can you please help me to understand when did you receive it in your case? I believe it should have come to your attorney first from USCIS. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by mbmarchit View Post

Hi,

Congratulations for approved petition. My petition has also been approved last week and I am still waiting for hard copy of approval notice. Can you please help me to understand when did you receive it in your case? I believe it should have come to your attorney first from USCIS. Thank you.
            Could you please share your experience and timeline

Also what all documents were presented for the petition. Did you receive an Rfe?

Comment

Hi Manoj & Archit - My L1 B interview was scheduled for 3rd October 2019. Thereafter my attorned filed petition on 17 October 2019 and have got approval notice on 25th October 2019. I have not received any RFE also.
              Documents were pretty much the same as what has been given at the time of Blanket application.
              Yes, petition was sent directly at attorney address on 5 Nov.

Now fingers crossed for interview at the consulate.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by manojs83 View Post

Could you please share your experience and timeline

Also what all documents were presented for the petition. Did you receive an Rfe?
                My blanket L1A interview was on 14th August, individual petition filed on 3rd September, RFE received 12th September, RFE responded on 4th Nov, Approved 8th Nov.

Now I am waiting for approval notice hard copy.

Comment

Hi Manoj & Archit - My L1 B interview was scheduled for 3rd October 2019. Thereafter my attorned filed petition on 17 October 2019 and have got approval notice on 25th October 2019. I have not received any RFE also.
                  Documents were pretty much the same as what has been given at the time of Blanket application.

Thanks
                  Thank you. So it took almost 10 days to receive hard copy of approval notice to attorney from the date of approval on USCIS website? Can I take visa appointment even if my hard copy of approval notice is not yet received?

Comment

Thanks
                    Hi Arpit,

Thanks for your response. I'm just a bit confused since my attorney asked for some new documents and hence I'm asking if you could mention the docs asked by your attorney and which ones you provided additionally for the L1A individual petition.

Comment

Hi Manoj - I have provided payslips, revised offer letter, nature of my work, organisation structure etc

Comment

Hi Archit...yes you can !!

Comment

Even I have interview on 5th Decber with the same situation. Please someone update if you know of ny questions that was asked

Comment

Arpit Jain IN DS160, what did you select for below question?

Are you applying for same type of Visa?

Comment

Hi Experts,
                              My L1B denied on 11 July 19. Then I applied for B1 and it got approved on 23 sep 19.
                              I travelled to the US twice from 5 Oct and stayed there for 41 days during two visits.

I am Manager with Consulting firm and having 5 reportees.

Few questions, please advise.

How soon I can apply for a new work authorization Visa for best success rate as my L1B was rejected on 11 July 19.

Shall I file L1A (individual) or blanket for better result?

Or shall I try for L1B again as I know how to face interview based upon my last denial experience?

Which is the best strategy for me to get either L1A or L1B to get work authorization.
                              thank you.
                              Last edited by Amit083; 12-17-2019, 06:48 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X