Second time L1B visa stamp requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Second time L1B visa stamp requirements

I came to the US in 2016 with L1B visa and have extended my L1B status in 2019 which is valid till Feb 2021. My visa stamp has expired in 2017. This is the first time I’m visiting my country. I will have to apply for the visa again before coming back to the US.

Questions:
    1. Can I apply for the visa while staying in the US? Or is it mandatory to apply for the visa in my own country?

2. Since this is the second time visa application, is there any difference from the first visa application process and requirements? What documents do I need to get from my current employer in the US? Do I still need experience letters from the previous employer in my country?

I have seen the list of required documents for the first time visa applicant. Could someone help me understand the process for the second time visa application process?

thanks in advance.

Originally posted by jrbd View Post
    1. Can I apply for the visa while staying in the US? Or is it mandatory to apply for the visa in my own country?
    Visas are only issued outside the country. Once you are inside a country, you just switch or extend status.
    2. Since this is the second time visa application, is there any difference from the first visa application process and requirements? What documents do I need to get from my current employer in the US? Do I still need experience letters from the previous employer in my country?
    Its the same process & documents you'll need for interview. You can use the existing letter you've from previous employers - no need of a new letter.
    I have seen the list of required documents for the first time visa applicant. Could someone help me understand the process for the second time visa application process?
    Its the same as first time - its just that you probably won't be asked more questions or asked to show the document.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you so much, Libra_14.This is really helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X