Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filing I-485 for son who turned 21 years Sep 19

a
    Last edited by cstar26; 12-13-2019, 09:21 AM.

Originally posted by cstar26 View Post
    So it seems his case his hopeless as i saw the Dec bulletin with current date being Mar 2017
    For India born the date is 01JAN15, you cannot file I485 until that become current. So assume roughly around 4-5 years
    1. Is his situation hopeless to get green card as i will not be able to file as it seems by CSPA calculator he has time till April 10 2020
    That's correct.
    2. If I have to sponsor my son as unmarried child more than 21 years can I file for his I-130 immediately after my filing of I-485 ? or do I need to wait until I get the green card in my hand
    Not very sure, but I guess you need to have your GC in your hand before you can petition him.
    3. If I file I-485 under F2B category (son more than 21 years) can he marry after that and will his status remain as F2B or will it change if he marries before getting his green card?
    No, he need to stay unmarried until he gets his GC in his hand & then he can marry.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thank you very much

Comment

Why did you deleted your original post?
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X