Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Blanket without complete bachelor degree

Dear immihelpers

I was selected to visit the US based branch of my company over the period of 4 - 6 weeks, and during this time it might be possible I perform activities that are considered work. For this reason my company (A huge multinational IT company) issues L1B Blanket petitions for this type of events - NOTE: I have already a B1 visa but I believe to go for safety L1B would be ideal.

My problems is, that I read for L1B Blanket visa (different from the individual petition), the employee must have a bachelor degree or equivalent work and education experience combination. I do have 4 yeas of Bachelor degree, at the moment only my final thesis is missing and in my country the bachelor is 4.5 years (higher than US). Moreover I have been working for my company for about 4 years and 2.5 years and a full-time professional job.

However, it is not clear what is accepted as a combination of education and work experience and I do not think it would be fair not to accept my 4 years of university degree. Does anyone had or have a situation like this? What does your lawyer advised?

Cheers!

Hi , I had a similar issue , I was almost rejected at the port of entry , what saved me was that I was told to file an individual petition , The visa officer's supervisor found out that even though the company had a blanket peitiion , I was put by the lawyers as individual petition.

Comment

Hi Sanjay,

It is too different from the Blanket petition in terms of documents and effort from the employee part?

I am not sure as the company has a blanket petition, they would file an individual one for me..

Cheers!

Comment

L1B is for specialized skill person to visit & work in USA.

A degree professional has better chance for approval, but to have a degree isn't a legal requirement.

You need to prove that you've certain knowledge, which your company cannot hire in USA & hence you'll need to travel.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

You may get it, but you should be a professional in your field.
          Last edited by Dylan Connor; 03-19-2020, 06:34 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X