Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 Visa travel outside USA

Dear All,

I am in the process of getting the L2 visa through my wife who is transferring on and L1. My question is what travel restrictions I have by leaving the USA to do short trips for business. Can I return home while my EAD is being approved. I would appreciate all the feedback possible on travel for l2 holder.

Originally posted by Brett View Post
    My question is what travel restrictions I have by leaving the USA to do short trips for business. Can I return home while my EAD is being approved.
    There is no travel restrictions. As long as the primary is maintaining L1 status, you can enter & leave USA at any time. No impact on EAD also for your visits, just ensure you cannot "work" until you get your EAD in your hand.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

L2 visa holders are authorized to stay in the US for as long as the principal L1 visa holder has a valid visa.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandit1 View Post
        L2 visa holders are authorized to stay in the US for as long as the principal L1 visa holder has a valid visa.
        Merely having an L1 visa doesn't give rights to L2 to stay in US, L1 need to maintain the status, by primarily staying/working in USA.

L1 cannot port their family alone to USA on L2 & himself living/working outside USA.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X