Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Valid L2 Visa Stamped, Possible to enter the US based on new proclamation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid L2 Visa Stamped, Possible to enter the US based on new proclamation?

Hi, I am currently on a valid, stamped L-1B visa and my wife is on a valid, stamped L-2 visa.

She got stuck traveling in the UK when the lockdown went into place and has been unable to enter the US.

I am currently in the US, does this mean she can now travel back to the US?

Little confused as the exemptions listed in this article don’t reference anything in the official proclamation:

Any one with a valid visa stamped, can still enter into USA.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Spoke to an immigration lawyer and they said that because the travel ban (pp9996) still stands to ban travel from the UK to the US, my wife is still unable to enter.

Is anyone else in a similar situation, and has managed to receive permission for their L-2 spouse on a valid stamped visa to travel back to the US?

Comment

Hi James,
        According to the travel ban, if your wife spend 14 days prior to enter US in a country that is not in the Schengen area or UK, she would still be fine to enter US but I would double check that with the immigration attorney to be 100% sure.
        I hope this helps.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X