Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 visa traveling outside of the US and re entering the country

Hi all,

I am a L1 visa holder currently in the US and I was wondering if anyone has had an experience traveling outside of the US and coming back after the presidential order released last June 23rd.
    If I check the order it says that it does not affect the ones that are already in the country and we are able to travel in and out of the country but if I talk to different people working for different companies they all have got the recommendation from their companies to not travel outside the US right now as they could have issues re entering the country.

I am planning to make a short trip soon but I wanted to check experiences from other visa holders.

I appreciate any experience that you could share here for me and other users that could have the same question as I have.

Thank you all in advance.

Originally posted by rott77 View Post
    if I talk to different people working for different companies they all have got the recommendation from their companies to not travel outside the US right now as they could have issues re entering the country.
    As per the order, you are allowed to travel out & re-enter, however companies are discouraging their employees to do that, considering no one knows how this situation turns in coming days & not sure if US ban travel for current visa holder as well in future.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

So my understanding is that after leaving the US if you stay 14 days in a non-risk country from the list (e.g Mexico or Bahamas) you can then re-enter the US with the L1 visa.

Do you how they do how they calculate the 14 days?

Are these 14 days from the day you have arrived in the low risk country? Or 14 days from the day you go the US?

Thank you
      Renato

Comment

As it stands, you may leave and enter the US as you please with a valid visa on your passport.
        Calculation to be on the safe side:
        First day: when you leave the US**
        Last day: when you land in the US minus 1
        Example:
        Boarded flight in the US on October 01
        Boarded return flight in foreign country on Oct 10, arrived in US on Oct 12
        Days outside US: 10
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X