L1B Expedited Appointment in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Expedited Appointment in India

I have received my I-797 L-1B (individual) approval notice which is valid until April '23. According to my attorney, I might be eligible to book an Expedited Appointment under technical expert exception. If the appointment gets approved and then the VO at the consulate rejects it, would it impact my visa approval or regular appointment in any way?
    And, Would you recommend going this route or just wait for the regular appointment?

Rejection of expedited appointment won't impact the decision of visa interview.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by kanisingar View Post
      I have received my I-797 L-1B (individual) approval notice which is valid until April '23. According to my attorney, I might be eligible to book an Expedited Appointment under technical expert exception. If the appointment gets approved and then the VO at the consulate rejects it, would it impact my visa approval or regular appointment in any way?
      And, Would you recommend going this route or just wait for the regular appointment?
      Hi,

Has this been suggested by your immigration team / attorney? Could you let me know the documents they've planned to prepare. I'm in the same situation, received approval in Mar'20 valid until May'23 and hard copies received in May due to lockdown.

Joining has been shifted forward twice already and need to fly asap. Let me know once you hear back from your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by manojs83 View Post

Hi,

Has this been suggested by your immigration team / attorney? Could you let me know the documents they've planned to prepare. I'm in the same situation, received approval in Mar'20 valid until May'23 and hard copies received in May due to lockdown.

Joining has been shifted forward twice already and need to fly asap. Let me know once you hear back from your attorney.
        Hi Manoj, Yes- my attorneys suggested EA and I'm still waiting for a slot to open (looking at Chennai consulate). They have shared a letter that outlines my expertise and why I qualify for EA. Very similar to the L1 petition. So, I'd suggest- Fill the DS 160, book an appointment, fill the form for EA and get the stamping if it gets approved. This is the best course of action right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
          Rejection of expedited appointment won't impact the decision of visa interview.
          Thank you! But, how about rejection post the EA interview? Would this also not impact?

Comment

Originally posted by kanisingar View Post

Thank you! But, how about rejection post the EA interview? Would this also not impact?
            Yes
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Hi,

Were you able to schedule an appointment for your visa at the Consulate? I have a similar case but I am unable to book an appointment yet.

Comment

Originally posted by askvsky View Post
                Hi,

Were you able to schedule an appointment for your visa at the Consulate? I have a similar case but I am unable to book an appointment yet.
                Yes, I booked a regular appointment at Chennai for March. I applied for Emergency appt last month but no response yet. You can try for appointments in March- most consulates have them open. Try post 12 AM IST on Mon/Tue- I see many, including myself, able to book around that time.

Comment

Hi, I am in a similar situation. I have a new L1-B visa case but I find only OFC appointments and no consular VISA interview appointments at Chennai. This has been the case for past 10 months for me.
                  Were you able to book an interview appointment at Chennai or is it just a dropbox/OFC appointment.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X