Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa expiry on Nov 1st 2020

Hello All,

My L-1A Visa is expiring on Nov 1st 2020 and so is my wife's L-2 and EAD. My employer has already filed for my petition extension as well as extension for my wife but we are yet to receive an acknowledgement from USCIS. With reference to this , I have a few questions and i need your opinion :

1. Since my Driving License will also expire on Nov 1st, can i get my DL renewd based on acknowledgement. If yes, how to go about it? Its a CA state DL.
    2. If by any chance, my petition gets rejected say 2-3 months after, will I gather unlawful presence status from Nov 1st of from Date of Denial?
    3. We might be in US only till March 2021 and my wife's passport is expiring on July 21st, 2021. Considering my petition is already filed, should she go for passport renewal? And if we get her passport renewed , what are the formalities do we need to fulfil. I remember after my passport renewal, we had to cross the Mexico Border to get the updated i-94. However, in this case, we won't be having valid US visa to return if we cross the Border.

Please advise on the above points.

Regards

Originally posted by georgematthew View Post
    1. Since my Driving License will also expire on Nov 1st, can i get my DL renewd based on acknowledgement. If yes, how to go about it? Its a CA state DL.
    Certainly, you can get it renewed for an year based on receipt. However please check on local DMV if you are exempt for DL renewal in current pandemic situation.
    2. If by any chance, my petition gets rejected say 2-3 months after, will I gather unlawful presence status from Nov 1st of from Date of Denial?
    No, you are good, but you'll need to leave USA asap.
    3. We might be in US only till March 2021 and my wife's passport is expiring on July 21st, 2021. Considering my petition is already filed, should she go for passport renewal? And if we get her passport renewed , what are the formalities do we need to fulfil. I remember after my passport renewal, we had to cross the Mexico Border to get the updated i-94. However, in this case, we won't be having valid US visa to return if we cross the Border.
    You can renew your passport while in USA with your embassy. No need to go out - your existing I94 or new I94 in your approval notice will still work for you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
      Certainly, you can get it renewed for an year based on receipt. However please check on local DMV if you are exempt for DL renewal in current pandemic situation.

No, you are good, but you'll need to leave USA asap.

You can renew your passport while in USA with your embassy. No need to go out - your existing I94 or new I94 in your approval notice will still work for you.
      Thank You so much.
      So as I understand, for my wife's passport, we can get it renewed with our embassy while my petition is still pending? For both of us , our status/visa /i-94 expires on 11/01/2020.

Comment

Thank You so much.
        So as I understand, for my wife's passport, we can get it renewed with our embassy while my petition is still pending? For both of us , our status/visa /i-94 expires on 11/01/2020.
        Certainly.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X