Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFIE issued on L1B Extension

Hi All,

I have received RFIE today on my L1B extension. Pls let me know the difference between RFE and RFIE. On what basis, they will raise RFIE.

I have to respond to RFIE at the earliest as my 240 days is getting over in 2 months. Pls share me your feedback about RFIE process.

Thanks for your help in advance!

hi Both are one at the Sam, pls Check the RFIE - if its L1 B, it will be more on the specialized Knowledge and Tools used. Try yo respond at the earliest, looks like u have only 2 months before ur 240 days ,once the Response is received, usually USCIS responds in 30-45 days for RFE's. So u can try your Luck by submitting the response.

Also, is this only L1 Extension ? or Amendment + Extension ? if Amendment + Extension then 240 day rule doesn't apply i guess ,

Comment

Hi kguduri,

Thanks for your response. I spoke with my immigration team. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive the RFE notice, after that attorney will take another 2 weeks to draft the response. If I submit RFIE response by Jan 4th week, I will have only 3 weeks for my 240 days. Feb 3rd week would be my 240 days. My immigration team requested me to get ready to move out of US if decision is not made by Feb 3rd week. Totally frustrated now. That too travelling with 2 kids in this Pandemic.

This is only L1B extension. No amendment

Comment

Originally posted by KKAR View Post
        Hi kguduri,

Thanks for your response. I spoke with my immigration team. They said it will take 2 weeks to receive the RFE notice, after that attorney will take another 2 weeks to draft the response. If I submit RFIE response by Jan 4th week, I will have only 3 weeks for my 240 days. Feb 3rd week would be my 240 days. My immigration team requested me to get ready to move out of US if decision is not made by Feb 3rd week. Totally frustrated now. That too travelling with 2 kids in this Pandemic.

This is only L1B extension. No amendment
        please keep your story posted as it will me too who is in the same boat.. RFIE received on L1b individual after 3.5 months of filing ext. Pending receipt of notice to attorney.
        no other amendment or anything of that sort apart from my office building moved to adjacent location which i douby my attorney would have updated uscis... apart from guess work can't say much untill detailed notice received.

Comment

You should try premium processing for RFE response

Comment

Originally posted by hasan0019 View Post

please keep your story posted as it will me too who is in the same boat.. RFIE received on L1b individual after 3.5 months of filing ext. Pending receipt of notice to attorney.
            no other amendment or anything of that sort apart from my office building moved to adjacent location which i douby my attorney would have updated uscis... apart from guess work can't say much untill detailed notice received.
            Hi, Still I am waiting for my RFIE notice..now bunch of holidays, and my immigration team members are also on yearly shutdown.

Mine also L1B individual. Hopefully i will be getting RFIE response next week..

Comment

Originally posted by PS2015 View Post
              You should try premium processing for RFE response
              Thanks, I am working with my management for this. Only option is premium.

My only worry is they issued RFIE in 6th month. I don't have time to take action on this. I am trusting god here..only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by hasan0019 View Post

Hasan, Please keep us posted when you get more details on your RFIE. And which is your processing center? And when was your initial filing date?

Comment

Originally posted by anusha21 View Post

Hasan, Please keep us posted when you get more details on your RFIE. And which is your processing center? And when was your initial filing date?
                  filed in California center, on September 16th.
                  Pending RFIE/RFE notice by mail. My attorney told RFIE and RFE are basically similar things and a response has to be drafted carefully.. They did tell me to be prepared to leave in case of rejection.. and wait for H1B (lottery results & further updates) .
                  Will see how it goes. Not sure if a review petition or something can be filed in case of rejection.. waiting for attorney response

What's your story ?

Comment

KKAR
                    I have to respond to RFIE at the earliest as my 240 days is getting over in 2 months.
                    My only worry is they issued RFIE in 6th month.
                    Since you mentioned RFIE was issued in 6 months time since application of L1B extension and yet there is only 2 months to go, so, just trying to understand, was the L1B extension filed towards the end of the 180 day period when it could have been filed ?

With premium, there are certain clauses again, hopefully none of those come into play and you get an approval.

Comment

Originally posted by Anand A View Post
                      KKAR

Since you mentioned RFIE was issued in 6 months time since application of L1B extension and yet there is only 2 months to go, so, just trying to understand, was the L1B extension filed towards the end of the 180 day period when it could have been filed ?

With premium, there are certain clauses again, hopefully none of those come into play and you get an approval.
                      Hi Anand,

I submitted my L1 Individual extension on June 4th week 2020 in CA center in normal processing. I got RFIE on Dec 4th week 2020. My 240 days grace period ends by Feb 3rd week. I have only 43 days to complete 240 days grace period.

I am eligible for Premium while responding RFIE. Do you see any issues here?

Thanks

Comment

I submitted my L1 Individual extension on June 4th week 2020 in CA center in normal processing. I got RFIE on Dec 4th week 2020. My 240 days grace period ends by Feb 3rd week. I have only 43 days to complete 240 days grace period.

I am eligible for Premium while responding RFIE. Do you see any issues here?
                        Anyone is eligible to move their petition to premium processing (irrespective of your dates). I would suggest you should go ahead with it asap.
                        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post
                          Anyone is eligible to move their petition to premium processing (irrespective of your dates). I would suggest you should go ahead with it asap.
                          Hi Libra,

Thanks for your suggestion. I got OK from my management to process thru premium.

My India immigration team still waiting for RFIE notice from attorney. It is been 15 days since USCIS raised RFIE. Hopefully our immigration team will receive the RFIE notice in 2 days.

after that I need to work with my immigration team and attorney and targeting to submit the response in 2 weeks if everything goes well.

Comment

Hi Libra,

Thanks for your suggestion. I got OK from my management to process thru premium.

My India immigration team still waiting for RFIE notice from attorney. It is been 15 days since USCIS raised RFIE. Hopefully our immigration team will receive the RFIE notice in 2 days.

after that I need to work with my immigration team and attorney and targeting to submit the response in 2 weeks if everything goes well.
                            Best of luck & you can club your RFIE response & request to take the case to premium processing.
                            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Best of luck & you can club your RFIE response & request to take the case to premium processing.
                              Thank you so much, yeah that is the plan.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X