Drop Box Eligibility for Stamping of approved I-129

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop Box Eligibility for Stamping of approved I-129

Hi, My Form I-129 is approved for L1-A Visa renewal with the validity of 2022 but my wife & kid's I-539(L2) is still with USCIS and pending for approval. Please advise if we can go to India and take the dropbox appointment for stamping for myself & family. How likely to get the stamping through dropbox appointment for myself & my family at the moment.

Note: There is no reason for an emergency with me, this would be the normal visit to see our parents over there.

Thanks in advance!

Originally posted by techabhi123 View Post
    Hi, My Form I-129 is approved for L1-A Visa renewal with the validity of 2022 but my wife & kid's I-539(L2) is still with USCIS and pending for approval. Please advise if we can go to India and take the dropbox appointment for stamping for myself & family. How likely to get the stamping through dropbox appointment for myself & my family at the moment.

Note: There is no reason for an emergency with me, this would be the normal visit to see our parents over there.

Thanks in advance!
    Was your initial L1 a blanket petition or individual petition?

If individual petition, then you are eligible for dropbox. For your family, just keep a copy of their I539 - to prove that they did not stayed in USA illegally (post their I94 expiry if any).
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Originally posted by Libra_14 View Post

Was your initial L1 a blanket petition or individual petition?

If individual petition, then you are eligible for dropbox. For your family, just keep a copy of their I539 - to prove that they did not stayed in USA illegally (post their I94 expiry if any).
      At the first time of Visa issuance, this was blanket not sure about the renewal...

Comment

At the first time of Visa issuance, this was blanket not sure about the renewal...
        Since your previous visa was issued based on blanket petition, then you are not eligible for dropbox.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

Comment

How would I know if my L1-A visa is renewed under blanket or individual?

Comment

How would I know if my L1-A visa is renewed under blanket or individual?
            Renewal while in USA is always individual.

If you have your own petition approval notice (I797) it is individual.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X