Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with job offer (L2 EAD)

Hi.

I am on L2 visa (valid until March 2022) with EAD valid until Feb 2022. I got a job offer which has contract duration of 18 months. How can I go for it? I will be applying for visa extension this year for 2 more years and then will be applying for EAD extension. Is it possible for me to join this job?

1. I think you should let the employer know about this.
    2. When you apply for L2 extension, apply as soon as you enter the "180-days-to-expire" window and try to apply the L1, L2 and EAD extension together. That will speed up the processing a bit.
    3. Another thing to note is that things change. As of now, I see after that after a processing window being shown as "12-15.5 months" (around 1 month ago) for L2 extension, it has dropped to "9-11.5" months. Its quite impossible to predict the situation that will prevail when the time comes for your extension. DO read this article : https://*********.com/uscis-premium-...ing-h4-l2-ead/
      If premium processing becomes available by the time you have to file for L2 extension, it may help too. It does say that if and when that happens, the premium processing time will be considered after the biometrics (which is the current cause of delays, compounded by the pandemic)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X