X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can L2 EAD Keep Working with C09 (485-EAD)Filing

Hi,

My L2 EAD is expiring Jan 27 2020.
    I have a 485-EAD filed and I have the EAD receipt notice(Category-C09). The filing was done in December.
    Can I continue working after Jan 27 (Taking advantage of the 180 days automatic Extension) ?
    Can someone please help clarifying this ?
    thank you.

No. This is not an extension of C09 EAD but applying for an initial C09 EAD after previously having a different type of EAD.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for responding. I asked the same question to my HR and they said I can continue to work. May be they haven't checked it properly!. If I continue to work as they allowed me to, do you know if there are going to be consequences later ? Please suggest. I mean what is the risk I am carrying ? Thank you.

Comment

Even I am in the same boat. My EAD is expiring on Jan 24 and have i485 receipt notice. I am not sure if I can take benefit of 180 days automatic EAD extension. Please give some guidance.

Comment

This is the official info on the topic : https://www.uscis.gov/working-in-the...-ead-extension

The existing EAD and requested EAD should both be in a category which is eligible for 180-day automatic extension.
          L2 EAD does not fall in that category. So, I do not think you can continue to work.

Comment

Originally posted by ctsharish_dolo View Post
            Thanks for responding. I asked the same question to my HR and they said I can continue to work. May be they haven't checked it properly!. If I continue to work as they allowed me to, do you know if there are going to be consequences later ? Please suggest. I mean what is the risk I am carrying ? Thank you.
            As newacct mentioned, your earlier EAD was based on L2, now you applied for 485 based EAD, which does not allow you to work until you get your EAD in hand. The risk can be to loose your GC application.
            - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X