Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canadian L1 Visa Info

Hey All,

So I’m a Canadian citizen, married to a US citizen. Sure currently living in Canada on a Canadian PR and my company is currently in the process of transferring me to the US for a sales role. We have a son who is a dual citizen.

Just looking for honest feed back and information. Would anyone know if getting a L1 visa approved because a spouse and kids are US citizens would help? I know it wouldn’t hurt on the application but wondering if that help.
    I do not have a 4 year degree, but have worked in the oil and gas sector for 14 years and have been in a corporate sales role for 4 years now. We will be applying use special knowledge of my product line and have a internal visa team and external law firm working on my package.

Any information would be great!

Originally posted by Ktaylor56 View Post
    Would anyone know if getting a L1 visa approved because a spouse and kids are US citizens would help? I know it wouldn’t hurt on the application but wondering if that help.
    Having an USC spouse and kids doesn't add any value to your L1 visa application - you'll still be evaluated on the merits if you really eligible for the same.

Since you have USC spouse, why don't you apply for GC directly? that will be easy, quick & more beneficial.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

We are looking at the option of green card. I have accepted a role in the us for my current employer. They are currently working on doing the transfer and L1-B visa. But with the Green card I don’t think I’m able to work during that process, so I wouldn’t be able to accept this role.

Hope they don’t have any issues getting me this visa, but I also don’t know a lot about this process just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktaylor56 View Post
        Hope they don’t have any issues getting me this visa, but I also don’t know a lot about this process just yet.
        It should not be a problem, All the best !
        Certainly, getting a GC will be a longer process as compared to L1B.
        - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Wouldn't a TN visa be a lot easier ?

Comment

From what I can tell they will be applying for a L-1b petition and I take this to the airport 3-4 hours before my flight to be approved. Sounds crazy but apparently is a simple process and hope it all works out. Not sure on the TN, our internal and external lawyers felt this was the best route.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X