L1 Blanket without a bachelor degree.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Blanket without a bachelor degree.

I'm being transfered from France to USA by my company (IT multinational) . The law firm in charge of my L-1B petition is going to file an individual petition to the USCIS instead of an L1 blanket because i do not have a bachelor degree, they say. I've read a lot of posts on the web, and found out that an employee can be transfered using the L1 blanket if he/she has a bachelor degree "OR EQUIVALENT". Anybody in this forum can please give me the official definition about "EQUIVALENT" in this case. (I have an associate degree + 25 years of experience in my position).
    Thank you very much

Originally posted by zor View Post
    I'm being transfered from France to USA by my company (IT multinational) . The law firm in charge of my L-1B petition is going to file an individual petition to the USCIS instead of an L1 blanket because i do not have a bachelor degree, they say. I've read a lot of posts on the web, and found out that an employee can be transfered using the L1 blanket if he/she has a bachelor degree "OR EQUIVALENT". Anybody in this forum can please give me the official definition about "EQUIVALENT" in this case. (I have an associate degree + 25 years of experience in my position).
    Thank you very much
    For L1B you need to prove that you have specialized knowledge of something, which is not easily available in USA.

So the equivalent meant bachelor degree or diploma or something which can prove that you have that knowledge.

Since you have 25 years of "relevant" experience, I think you can probably skip the degree requirement.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

Thanks Libra_14, your statement is in sync with what i think. However, i would really like to know if USCIS has an official definition about what is a "bachelor EQUIVALENT" degree, versus years of experience.
      Thanks.

Comment

The problem is that the bachelor's degree has become a required qualification for many jobs. If you don't have one, it can be difficult to get hired in your desired field.

A L1 Blanket without a bachelor's degree is an alternative solution that gives you the chance to work with less education than usual, but still prove that you have what it takes. It also shows employers how much more valuable your skills are compared to other applicants who have a college diploma. It is difficult to get job without bachelor's degree and if you worried about your report writing then contact with report writers and pass your degree and got L1 Blanket.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X