L1 Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 Visa?

Hello US immigration experts! I'm wondering if I can apply for an L1 Visa in my situation. I know the visa is intended for inter-company transfers, but I read it also allows for the set up of a branch office.
    10.0.0.0.1 192.168.1.254
    I am an IT consultant with an incorporated company in Canada for the last 10 years. I work from my home most of the time with occasional visits to client offices. I would like to move to Miami, and set up a similar practice there. I have documentation of my company and revenue of about $300K/year. Can I successfully apply for an L1?
    Last edited by assiah10; 07-23-2022, 03:11 AM.

Originally posted by assiah10 View Post
    Hello US immigration experts! I'm wondering if I can apply for an L1 Visa in my situation. I know the visa is intended for inter-company transfers, but I read it also allows for the set up of a branch office.
    Yes, L1 can be used to setup a new branch office in USA.
    Originally posted by assiah10 View Post
    I am an IT consultant with an incorporated company in Canada for the last 10 years. I work from my home most of the time with occasional visits to client offices. I would like to move to Miami, and set up a similar practice there. I have documentation of my company and revenue of about $300K/year. Can I successfully apply for an L1?
    As long as your company sponsoring you that visa (filing petition for you) & going to expand business in USA (not only moving you to USA to work remotely) you should be fine.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X