Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 visa stamping in Third country (Canada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa stamping in Third country (Canada)

Hi,

I am an Indian national on a valid work permit in Canada. My family (Spouse & Kids) is still in India since my son is in 10th grade. I have L1A-Individual petition filed with USCIS which is awaiting final decision. I (along with my family) have already stayed lawfully (for entire duration) for slightly less than 7 years on L1A (2013 - 2020) and have immigrant petition with approved I-140 (in EB2 category).

Since as of now, the visa appointments are available only during Feb or Mar 20223 in India, I am considering to bring my family to Canada (they have valid Canadian work/student visas) close to visa appointment dates. Assuming, visa appointments are available in 1st week of September, I am planning to bring them in 3rd or 4th week of August (to be least disruptive for my son).

My question is - Is there any rule that requires family to stay for a while (say 3 months or 6 months) before they become eligible for visa appointment in Canada or there is no such rule or requirement. Does US consulate / embassy considers the case that me & my family have been separated for ~6 months.

I have tried to search about it but haven't found any concrete information.

Any help or pointers in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Regards,
    Saurabh.

Originally posted by itssaurabh View Post
    My question is - Is there any rule that requires family to stay for a while (say 3 months or 6 months) before they become eligible for visa appointment in Canada or there is no such rule or requirement. Does US consulate / embassy considers the case that me & my family have been separated for ~6 months.
    It basically depends on primary applicant, since you are living in Canada for long time, you can apply for your L1A visa in Canada. Ensure all your documents are in English & not in any local Indian language.

Family members are dependent on you, so it doesn't matter if they living in Canada or not, as long as they are attending visa interview along with you.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X