Pregnant while on L1A visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant while on L1A visa

Hi, I recently got my L1A visa stamped. I also just found out that I am 4 weeks pregnant. I am expected to travel to US in the beginning of Jan’s. My husband will be traveling with me on L2. Can I be on maternity leave while on L1A visa? Is it paid maternity leaves in the US and how long typically? Do employers typically offer medical insurance coverage for pregnancy or do I have to pay out of pocket?

If I don’t have support on insurance front or unpaid maternity leave. I will have to travel back home for child birth or not travel at all.

Originally posted by Random7488 View Post
    Can I be on maternity leave while on L1A visa?
    Yes.​
    ​Is it paid maternity leaves in the US and how long typically?
    ​Each employer has separate policy. On average its ~3 months & can go up to 6 months.
    ​​Do employers typically offer medical insurance coverage for pregnancy or do I have to pay out of pocket?
    It again varies from insurance plan provided by individual company. Check if your plan supports that. You can also choose a plan which support it when you first enroll for insurance. Or you can take additional insurance on your own
    ​​If I don’t have support on insurance front or unpaid maternity leave. I will have to travel back home for child birth or not travel at all.
    Again, it depends on your health situation to travel during that period.
    - I am not an Attorney, hence not giving any legal advice. Just sharing MY opinion with an intent to help others.

If my opinion helping you, then please do click "like" button below.

Comment

inform to your HR and have advise, not sure what will happen when you arrive in US on visa and within few days when you apply for maternity leave. if your employer a a big and has a brand name they dont care, but if its a desi Indian vendor, they see at you as a opportunistic resource. Seems we are entering into a recession period, so sooner you land here is better for you, after Jan there could be a potential change of your employer may postpone your arrival too

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X