I visa extention question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I visa extention question

I'm here in New York thoroughly enjoying my trip as a journalist.

The thing is I would like to extend my stay here. My visa lasts until 2012 but I would like to know what is the best way of going about finding employment. I am contract to return to London in a couple months time.

Would I need an employer to sponsor me even though I have an I Visa?

Can I extend my visa and work using that? I applied for a Social Security Card and it says that I can work but I'm not sure?

Any help would be greatly appreciated - I'm scheduled to return to London at the end of May so I need to start taking action now..

Your experience

Hi,
    I'am interested in learning about your experience on an I visa.
    Rod

Comment

If everything is in order and you were allowed to work, then you have a document for this, and in which case, you can use it as evidence

Comment

Originally posted by KokoJum6o
        The database knows more about you than your mother, girlfriends and wife combined together - it’s a saying.
        This is a bit funny, but at the same time sad Yes, the authorities sometimes know more about us than our closest people.

Comment

You can work if you can present a Social Security Card or a Notice of Award and a recent work permit. You need to know that if you are non-resident both your employer and yourself (if you are independent contractor) will be liable to pay $2,000 fine to the government if you are caught working.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X