Applying AOS for mom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying AOS for mom

Is there a formal or informal rule to start application after 90 days. Can we do I130 right after mom lands and do I485 after 90 days? Or is the recommendation to do all at once after 90 days and not right away.
    Last edited by jillynilly8; 08-12-2022, 12:51 PM.

When it comes to filing immigration applications, there is no strict formal rule that prohibits or mandates filing certain forms within a specific timeframe after an individual's arrival in the United States. However, there are general recommendations and considerations to keep in mind.
    Regarding the I-130 Petition for Alien Relative and the I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, there is no requirement to wait for a specific number of days before filing.
    To determine the appropriate timing for filing, it is advisable to consult with an immigration attorney or a reputable immigration service organization.
    It is important to note that filing the I-485 application too soon after entering the United States could raise questions about the individual's intentions and may be seen as a potential violation of immigration laws if the individual entered the country with the preconceived intent of filing for adjustment of status.
    Consulting with an immigration professional will help ensure that you have the most accurate and up-to-date information relevant to your specific circumstances.
    The decision on when to file these forms depends on various factors, including the individual's specific circumstances and immigration goals.
    They can assess your specific situation, provide guidance on the optimal timing for filing the forms, and ensure that you follow the proper legal procedures.

Keep in mind that immigration laws and policies can change, so it is crucial to stay informed about any updates or developments that may impact your case.​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X