Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Son sponsorship Class F2B

Hello,
    My mom-in-law is a US permanent resident. she just sponsored her 33yo son along with his two kids last year. He is not married. Any ideas how long it will take for USCIS to process his visa. What are the criterias they base approval on?

Thanks

600+ views yet not one reply? wow.

Comment

Originally posted by hillary❤️obama View Post
      Hello,
      My mom-in-law is a US permanent resident. she just sponsored her 33yo son along with his two kids last year. He is not married. Any ideas how long it will take for USCIS to process his visa. What are the criterias they base approval on?

Thanks
      If you look at the visa bulletin, the wait for visa numbers in the F2B category is almost 7 years (longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines). That means he must wait at least that many years after the I-130 was filed before he can immigrate.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
        If you look at the visa bulletin, the wait for visa numbers in the F2B category is almost 7 years (longer for people born in Mexico or the Philippines). That means he must wait at least that many years after the I-130 was filed before he can immigrate.
        what if he has two kids already and another on the way?

Comment

what if he has two kids already and another on the way?
          It makes no difference how many kids he has. He just has to remain unmarried.

Comment

It makes no difference how many kids he has. He just has to remain unmarried.
            Does USCIS look at sponsor's income?

Comment

Does USCIS look at sponsor's income?
              Yes, but not now. That comes in to play at the time when the visa becomes available.
              Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
                Yes, but not now. That comes in to play at the time when the visa becomes available.
                Are they strict when it comes to income?

Comment

Are they strict when it comes to income?
                  Yes
                  This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
                    Yes
                    do you have to make a certain annual gross income for the petition to get approved?

Comment

do you have to make a certain annual gross income for the petition to get approved?
                      no

Comment

no
                        so income doesnt matter then?

Comment

At the time the immigrant is going through the Consular Processing process to get the immigrant visa, the petitioner will need to submit an Affidavit of Support. If the petitioner's household income is insufficient, they can find a "joint sponsor" whose household income is enough who will fill out a second Affidavit of Support.

Comment

So the answer is Yes income matter, No you don't have to be the sole person to meet the income requirements unless of course you don't want to have a joint sponsor in which case yes income matters and yes insufficient income will be an issue
                            This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
                              So the answer is Yes income matter, No you don't have to be the sole person to meet the income requirements unless of course you don't want to have a joint sponsor in which case yes income matters and yes insufficient income will be an issue
                              Joint Sponsor can be anyone?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X