Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hillary❤️obama View Post
    Joint Sponsor can be anyone?
    For questions like these, always refer first to the USCIS web site. https://www.uscis.gov/greencard/affidavit-support

It says for "joint sponsor" (emphasis mine):

A joint sponsor is someone who is willing to accept legal responsibility for supporting your family member with you. A joint sponsor must meet all the same requirements as you, except the joint sponsor does not need to be related to the immigrant. The joint sponsor (or the joint sponsor and his or her household) must reach the 125% income requirement alone. You cannot combine your income with that of a joint sponsor to meet the income requirement.

So what are these requirements? See under "sponsor":

You must also be at least 18 years old and a U.S. citizen or a permanent resident. You must have a domicile in the United States or a territory or possession of the United States. Usually, this requirement means you must actually live in the United States, or a territory or possession, in order to be a sponsor. If you live abroad, you may still be eligible to be a sponsor if you can show that your residence abroad is temporary, and that you still have your domicile in the United States.

So not quite "anyone", literally, but you already knew that they had to have sufficient income or assets.
    AOS from F1 OPT, full packet, c(9)
    06/06 Package sent to Chicago lockbox
    06/11 Package received
    06/11 PD
    06/18 4 email + 4 SMS notifications. NBC
    06/23 3 NoA received via mail. I-131 missing
    07/06 Biometrics notice, Anchorage for 07/12
    07/09 800 miles drive, 15 moose, 1 porcupine and 3 eagles later, walk-in biometrics
    07/17 Missing NoA for I-131 showed up in the mail
    08/23 Interview, Anchorage
    08/25 New card is being produced
    08/27 Case was approved

Comment

Hello again, so what if the son is living in with his children's mom. 2 kids with 1 on the way soon. theyre both biological parents.

Comment

is he married?
        This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
          is he married?
          Not married.

Comment

Not married.
            Then he would still be considered Unmaried for the F2b category
            This is strictly an opinion and should not be misconstrued as legal advice. The use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

-Krypton9591

Comment

Originally posted by krypton9591 View Post
              Then he would still be considered Unmaried for the F2b category
              what about the kids?

Comment

parent petitioner recieved letter of required supporting documents for petitioned son. petitioner has 60 days to send in all documents. how long is next step?

Comment

brother inlaw just got his i130 approved with his two sons. what are the steps and what does he need to avoid to prevent disapproval.

Comment

brother inlaw just got his i130 approved with his two sons. what are the steps and what does he need to avoid to prevent disapproval.
                    The next step is to wait until a visa number becomes available for his category and priority date, which will probably be several years away. Look on the visa bulletin for an idea of how long the wait may be. NVC should contact him when the wait is almost over to start the process.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

HELLO SIR / MA'AM,

I am from India, and my mother is about to apply for me in the F2B category, sir/ma'am any indication on the timelines if you can guide me? From what I can gather you have been a senior and a very active participant.

and what are the ways that one can stay in the US while the process is underway?? your help will be much appreciated ...

thanks​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X