Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Card after Marraige

HI All,

I am in US and planning to get married to PR holder.How much time it takes to get the Green card.

One of my cousin got married to her fiancee (PR holder) and she got it in 6 months.

Pls reply

Thanks

H.

It depends on your country of birth. Look at the visa bulletin for the latest priority dates for family based petition. It is not 6 months for India and China unless the spouse is a citizen.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Citizen

sorry it was my mistake , she is a US citizen.So probably that will escalate the case. .how much time wil lit take if she is a US citizen.(i am from india btw)

Also she is around late 40's and i am around early 30's .WIll that impact my case.

Comment

Age is not an issue. You are looking at 6-12 month turnaround for the GC. It will be conditional though and once the marriage lasts for 2 years, you will get a permanent GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Whats the difference in conditional and perm GC?

Comment

Look at https://www.immihelp.com/family-base...residence.html
            Immihelp Support
            No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

thanks a lot

Comment

Starting Over in the U.S. After Getting Your Green Card: An Indispensible Guide for Immigrants helps immigrants bridge the gap to mainstream America. It provides readers with information how to establish themselves in the U.S. despite various problems incurred while waiting for legalization of their immigration status in the United States. It is the first of the NewAmericanGuides series.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X