No announcement yet.

'There is no status update available for the passport number submitted' O1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'There is no status update available for the passport number submitted' O1 visa

Hi everyone,

I am a research scientist. My O1 petition was approved in USA after my post doc and visa was granted till 2022. However, I had to come to India and hence I had an O1 visa interview on July 22nd at Kolkata consulate for passport visa stamping and I got 221g with green slip. I was asked to submit some documents which I submitted on July 27th. On July 29th, I received an email to submit the passport for visa processing. Case status is showing 'Administrative processing'. The case was first updated on August 5th. The case was updated again on Aug 19th. On Aug 19th, it started saying that 'there is no status update available for the passport number submitted'. I have called the consulate but they are saying that my passport is still with the US embassy. Any idea how long it is going to take?

Timeline summary:
    July 22nd: O1 visa interview
    July 27th: 221g documents submitted
    July 29th: Passport submitted at Kolkata jasmine Towers
    Aug 5th: Case status updated
    Aug 19th: Case status last updated
    Aug 19th: ustraveldocs.com says 'there is no status update available for the passport number submitted'

Any help is appreciated.
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Trinity71; 08-21-2019, 09:48 AM.

I am also on O1 visa, planning to visit India.
    I would appreciate any update in your situation like when your admin processing was over (timeline).
    What question you encounter in your interview?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X