Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

US Citizen in S Africa just married wants to travel to US on holiday?..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen in S Africa just married wants to travel to US on holiday?..

Hello,

I am a US citizen and want to apply for simple travel and visitor’s visas for my wife and two children. We were married last year in South Africa and probably are seeking 10- year multiple entry visas. We plan on living in South Africa, but eventually could decide to immigrate.

By law what documents do I need for this simple process. Does any one know where I can read this law?

We own our home in South Africa and have all their birth and school documentation, and our marriage certificate and their father’s death certificate. I have a two year extension of my South African visa for spousal reasons, in my US Passport.

I have been told by the VIS [visa information service], that all I really need as a US citizen is documentation that I am a US citizen. Birth Certificate and US Passport and a simple letter of invitation. They say that neither my parents who will write the letter of invitation, nor I will need to show our tax returns. Is this true? Through the VIS, is how one must apply in South Africa for visas to the US.

thanks
    alexsunny

As a US citizen, you can go to the US at any time. Your children might already be US citizens (they would have automatically been US citizens from birth if you meet the requirements to transmit US Citizenship to children born abroad at the time of their birth). If they are, they can go to the US at any time; it's a matter of getting their US passports. If your wife is not a US citizen, she will need a US visa (or if she is a national of a Visa Waiver Program country, she can get an ESTA to enter on the Visa Waiver Program). A visitor visa would require showing that she is going to leave and will not stay and apply to immigrate from within the US. If she wants to immigrate from outside the US, you would start by petitioning her with I-130.

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by alexsunny123 View Post
      Hello,

I am a US citizen and want to apply for simple travel and visitor’s visas for my wife and two children. We were married last year in South Africa and probably are seeking 10- year multiple entry visas. We plan on living in South Africa, but eventually could decide to immigrate.

By law what documents do I need for this simple process. Does any one know where I can read this law?

We own our home in South Africa and have all their birth and school documentation, and our marriage certificate and their father’s death certificate. I have a two year extension of my South African visa for spousal reasons, in my US Passport.

I have been told by the [visa information service], that all I really need as a US citizen is documentation that I am a US citizen. Birth Certificate and US Passport and a simple letter of invitation. They say that neither my parents who will write the letter of invitation, nor I will need to show our tax returns. Is this true? Through the VIS, is how one must apply in South Africa for visas to the US.

thanks
      alexsunny

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X