TD visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TD visa

am a Canadian PR card holder currently living in the USA on a B2 visa. I have applied for a TD visa on March 4th to Vermont Service Center online. I haven’t heard from them apart from getting a receipt so I requested to expedite my case. I have a child who has ASD. I am doing his treatments and he will start his special education from September. My B2 visa 6 month time stay duration will end in August. I have received an email from usic that they have denied my request to expedite and I have to wait for my td visa as it will go by the normal processing time. I am confused now . Should I reapply the request again or should I wait? If anyone went through the same situation kindly share your experiences. Thanks

Hi,
    Hope you have filed change of status from B2 to TD.. If you filed change of status before your current status expires then you need not to get worry about expiry of B2 visa.. You can stay in the USA with the help of change of status receipt notice..
    Normally, change of status petition will take longer time to adjudicate.. I don't really think so, you can raise a request to expedite again.. USCIS will take their own time to adjudicate on this kind of petition. Please check USCIS processing time on change of status petition. Based on that, you can raise a service request.
    Thanks

Comment

Hi rkk09 Yes I have filed for a status change (i539). I have checked their case processing time which shows 2.5 months max but when I called them, they are like they don't know the estimated times. It will be 3 months on 4th June. Should I apply for B2 visa extension? I am really confused.

Comment

Hi,
        I hope its not required to file B2 extension as you already filed change of status petition.. As I mentioned, Change of Status petition will take longer time to adjudicate. If processing dates are beyond filing date then you can raise a service request through USCIS portal.. if not, You can wait for some more time.
        Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X