H4 to F1 COS,F1 visa approved at hyderabad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 COS,F1 visa approved at hyderabad

I have changed my status from h4 to f1 in usa .From first semester, i was on F1 without stamp.I completed 4 semesters ,9 out of 10 courses were completed then i went for visa stamping at hyderabad consulate on 22nd May, 2015.I was little tensed because interviewer has been rejecting visas for everyone. Person before me was asked technical questions related to Electronics . Then my turn came and here it goes….

VO: hello mam
    ME: Good morning, sir.
    VO: Give me your I 20
    VO: How many universities did you apply?
    ME: i have applied for 4
    VO:Where does your husband live?
    ME:He lives in YYYY YYYY city
    VO: where does your husband works?
    ME: He works for YYYY XX corporation.
    VO:Whats your husband salary?
    ME: 120K
    VO: Does your husband sponsoring for your education?
    ME: Yes
    VO:How many semesters did you complete?
    ME: 4
    VO:Why did you come for F1 stamping?
    ME: i have family emergency and i was supposed travel outside USA.
    VO: You can study on H4.Whats need for F1?
    ME: In my university, our professor is offering research assistantship and i want to utilize it
    VO: So now you are going to work on OPT? Say yes or no?
    ME: NO, if its an proper offer i would work
    VO: Your Visa is approved mam
    VO: (vo with smiling face) i know mam you will be working on OPT. Don't lie.
    VO: Your Visa is approved mam
    ME: Thank you

What i observed is not to lie .

Hi,
    I have same situation and will be travelling to India in September 2015 for 1 month. Did you took any financial documents for the interview(Also please let me know what documents you took)? I also have F1 Approval notice(I-797 B) but don't have stamped visa and would need it while returning. I didn't understand why VO asked the question, "You can study on H4, whats the need of F1?" My college told me to change the status from H4 to F1 as soon as I joined the college.

Comment

Originally posted by bhushanpowar View Post
      Hi,
      I have same situation and will be travelling to India in September 2015 for 1 month. Did you took any financial documents for the interview(Also please let me know what documents you took)? I also have F1 Approval notice(I-797 B) but don't have stamped visa and would need it while returning. I didn't understand why VO asked the question, "You can study on H4, whats the need of F1?" My college told me to change the status from H4 to F1 as soon as I joined the college.
      VO didn't ask any documents except I-20, i took I-134 affidavit for support ,bank statements from my spouse. we can study on h4 too ryt.They think we changed our status from h4 to f1 just to work in USA.

Comment

COS F1 Visa Stamping

Please share the documents required to show to VO at stamping, also what happens if I mention the US-born Child in DS 160?

Comment

COS F1 Visa Stamping

Can you please list the documents you took for visa stamping in detail.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X