Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H1 to F1 Visa Dropbox?

Hello,

I was a Masters student on a F1 visa till 2013 and then worked on OPT till 2014. I have been on an H1 visa from 2014 till now. I recently got an admit to the same university for a PhD program and am planning to go to India in sometime to re-stamp the F1 visa. When trying to schedule an appointment, it says that I am eligible for dropbox renewal.

I am not sure if that still works if I have a new SEVIS summer. Does the stamping of the F1 visa from the H1 visa still count as renewal. Basically the first question that the systems asks to determine that is "Do you have a previous F1 Visa" which I suppose is a yes.

Anyone over here done that before??

Thanks a lot!

Originally posted by adighu View Post
    Hello,

I was a Masters student on a F1 visa till 2013 and then worked on OPT till 2014. I have been on an H1 visa from 2014 till now. I recently got an admit to the same university for a PhD program and am planning to go to India in sometime to re-stamp the F1 visa. When trying to schedule an appointment, it says that I am eligible for dropbox renewal.

I am not sure if that still works if I have a new SEVIS summer. Does the stamping of the F1 visa from the H1 visa still count as renewal. Basically the first question that the systems asks to determine that is "Do you have a previous F1 Visa" which I suppose is a yes.

Anyone over here done that before??

Thanks a lot!
    Hello,

Hi,

I have the same situation as yours, came on F1, got H1B and then change of status to F1 for grad school (Ph.D.).
    How was your interview process?
    I plan to travel in 2-3 months, and it would be during the semester. Would that be okay to travel and go for visa stamping?
    I have registered for thesis credits this semester and don't have any classes anymore.
    Can you share your visa interview experience?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,
      Im in the exact same situation as you were. Can you please let me know about your experience.

Thank you

S

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X