Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Visa Renewal for PhD Computer Science 221g

Hello,

I am a PhD student since Fall 11' and my Visa was expiring on June 8th. So I decided to renew mine. I was asked to go to the Dropbox in Chennai, which I did. When I picked up my passport I was issued a 221-G, blue slip. On it they have asked me to appear for an interview with my CV and list of publications.Now those are the only documents listed that I should bring. What format should these documents be in? Should they be attested by my advisor/school? Now are there additional documents that I should take? Also I have my old funding documents and appointment letters. Should I carry them as well? Any help would be appreciated? Also what generally happens in this 221g. Is the Visa rejected?. Any idea about how long the entire process generally takes? Thank you!

Just to add to this, I went back the next day for the interview with the documents requested. Just printed them from the LaTeX files I had. My Visa is approved. Don't know when I'll get it though.

Comment

Originally posted by obiwankenobi View Post
      Just to add to this, I went back the next day for the interview with the documents requested. Just printed them from the LaTeX files I had. My Visa is approved. Don't know when I'll get it though.
      "Hey
      I am a PhD student in Immunology since 2011 and my F1 expired so came for renewal. So how long did it take after you submitted your CV for you to know about visa renewal? I dropped my passport for Dropbox on 26th May, went back to the Counsulate on 7th June and submitted my CV along with the blue-221g. I am still waiting to hear about the visa approval. "

Comment

Hey
        I went for my F1 renewal as well to the Chennai counsulate and got a blue 221g. I gave my passport for Dropbox on 26th May, went back to submit my CV and original I20 on 7th June and waiting to hear back about visa approval.
        How long did it take after you submitted your CV?

Thanks

Comment

Hey
          So how long did it take after submitting the CV?
          I went to the chennai counsulate for visa renewal as well. After dropbox I was asked for my CV and gave that on the 7th of June and waiting to hear about my visa approval.

Comment

Also placed on AP (221g). Incoming PhD student in CS

Hi Purkrish,

I am in the same boat. I will be starting my PhD in CS in August. I was placed on AP (221g) with white slip. The VO took my resume and I20. Have you received any updates so far? Also, what is the status of your passport on the ustraveldocs website? Mine is showing no status but it used to show that my passport was with the embassy.

I would greatly appreciate a reply. Thanks!
            Last edited by Hamid Mansoor; 06-18-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X