Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Damaged H4 F1

Hello All,

My wife's Indian passport is damaged.(Nothing has happened to the content inside from 1st to last page including visa pages). The blue bind of the passport is separate from the booklet inside. The quality of the passport was bad when getting here but after using it for getting photocopies and IRS verification the bind came off from the booklet. When she came into United States she came with H4 visa which is valid until Sept 2017. Now she is on F1 (but no record of it on passport yet, we haven't been to India yet.)

1 - NO where i was able to find procedure for damaged passport, there is lot of info on stolen passport. Can somebody guide me who have faced this situation? We are in Nebraska and there is no Indian Consulate. We have to contact Houston Consulate
    2 - Do we have to send her F1 status 797 copy with the application form. If so will they cancel the H4 visa? and Have new visa on her new passport?
    3- We are planning to go to India in December. Is it better to get duplicate passport in India, will we be allowed in flight with this passport?

Also once we are there we will go to consulate and get it stamped to F1 if Indian consulate has not changed the visa status.

Thanks in Advance.

Arjun

Similar issue..except my wife got F1 Visa stamped in India but passport damaged

Hi Arjun,

Hope your issue resolved now.

I am in a similar situation except my wife went to India and got the visa stamping but the passport got damaged on the day of travel and the airlines denied her travel because of the damaged passport. The booklet came off the blue bind in my case as well. If she applies for new passport, does she have to go through the F1 visa process again as the new passport doesnot have the stamp?

Have you considered to just apply glue and put them back together.. will that be a problem for travel or at the port of entry.?

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X