Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221G in F1 visa application (DUI Dropped)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221G in F1 visa application (DUI Dropped)

Hello everybody.
    I was in the US working as part of my OPT. I had a DUI incident, and was later dropped to reckless driving. When I returned to India for a personal visit, i was unable to fly back to the states. I found out my F1 Visa had been revoked. However, I was told to reapply.

I informed my employer about this and they have put me on extended leave. However, I need to return soon for many reasons, my apartment lease is ending, H1B application package needs to be readied etc. My career is at stake.

Feb 2: New F1 Visa interview at US Cons. Chennai.
    VO looked at court docs etc. Gave me a 221G for panel physician reprt and passport.

Feb 9: Hospital submitted Report, I went and submitted my passport at the VAC Chennai.

Feb 26: CEAC Status- Admin. Processing.
    USTRAVELDOCS PP Status - Passport is still at embassy

Feb 27: CEAC Status- Admin. Processing.
    USTRAVELDOCS PP Status - There is no status available for this passport number

Does anyone have any information relating to my case ? Can I expect this to turn out positively within reasonable time ? Has anyone else been through this situation ?
    Any information you provide would be helpful.

Thanks!

It will take atleast 1-4 week, give some time

Comment

update? final outcome?

any updates in your case?

Comment

How long did it take?

Did you get your visa stamped? how long after submitting your passport at VAC did you get your visa issued? Please reply so as to help others in same boat.

Comment

Originally posted by k1990 View Post
          Hello everybody.
          I was in the US working as part of my OPT. I had a DUI incident, and was later dropped to reckless driving. When I returned to India for a personal visit, i was unable to fly back to the states. I found out my F1 Visa had been revoked. However, I was told to reapply.

I informed my employer about this and they have put me on extended leave. However, I need to return soon for many reasons, my apartment lease is ending, H1B application package needs to be readied etc. My career is at stake.

Feb 2: New F1 Visa interview at US Cons. Chennai.
          VO looked at court docs etc. Gave me a 221G for panel physician reprt and passport.

Feb 9: Hospital submitted Report, I went and submitted my passport at the VAC Chennai.

Feb 26: CEAC Status- Admin. Processing.
          USTRAVELDOCS PP Status - Passport is still at embassy

Feb 27: CEAC Status- Admin. Processing.
          USTRAVELDOCS PP Status - There is no status available for this passport number

Does anyone have any information relating to my case ? Can I expect this to turn out positively within reasonable time ? Has anyone else been through this situation ?
          Any information you provide would be helpful.

Thanks!
          Any update?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X