No announcement yet.

Expired f-1 visa for 3 years now married need help on how to file my paperwork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expired f-1 visa for 3 years now married need help on how to file my paperwork

Hi My name is Vincent came into the USA with an F-1 Visa but after the second year i dropped out of school which i was out of statues for 3 years. I just got married to a US citizen and we have a 2 yr old baby. I don't know what step to take to start my immigration process because i don't have money to hire a immigration lawyer to do the paperwork. I will be so happy if someone can tell me what to do and how to go about filling my paperwork for the immigration to adjust my statues.

Thanks Kindly
    Last edited by degree; 11-17-2017, 11:49 AM.

What is the status of your spouse? US citizen? permanent resident? etc.?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by newacct View Post
      What is the status of your spouse? US citizen? permanent resident? etc.?
      She is a US CITIZEN born and raised.

Comment

Just apply for Adjustment of Status. The main forms are I-130 and I-485. It is also recommended to file I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole. Each form has many required supporting forms and documents. There are some checklists online. Do not leave the US until you get your green card or Advance Parole.

Comment

Just apply for Adjustment of Status. The main forms are I-130 and I-485. It is also recommended to file I-765 for EAD and I-131 for Advance Parole. Each form has many required supporting forms and documents. There are some checklists online. Do not leave the US until you get your green card or Advance Parole.
          Alright thank you so much so do i file all this forms all together?

Comment

Originally posted by degree View Post
            Alright thank you so much so do i file all this forms all together?
            yes

Comment

yes
              Hi i was actually filling out all the forms i have but i am having trouble identifying what category to put for FORM I-765 Question 20 Eligibility category. You been so much help.

Thanks
              Vincent

Comment

Hi i was actually filling out all the forms i have but i am having trouble identifying what category to put for FORM I-765 Question 20 Eligibility category. You been so much help.

Thanks
                Vincent
                (c)(9)

Comment

Hi i am trying to file all the forms all together but i don't seems to know how i can send them altogether with supporting documents at once. Kindly give me an idea how i can go about sending all forms and document together.

Thanks
                  Vincent
                  Last edited by degree; 11-28-2017, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Hi i am trying to file all the forms all together but i don't seems to know how i can send them altogether with supporting documents at once. Kindly give me an idea how i can go about sending all forms and document together.

Thanks
                    Vincent
                    Group each form with its supporting documents with clips or something, and put everything in one big envelope.

Comment

Thank you so much and God bless you for all your help.

Comment

Get ready for some serious background check and grilling questions
                        ​​​ bro..have fun

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X