Renewing damaged Visa with Dropbox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renewing damaged Visa with Dropbox

I am a PhD student in the US and I have an F1 visa. I am going to finish my studies in 3 months from now. The immigration officer at Detroit airport crossed my US visa with a pen. He then apologized saying he mistook my date of birth with visa expiry date. He said he has entered in the system that it was his fault, however, I must renew my visa when i next go to India. I am going to India soon and I wanted to know if I can simply renew my visa using Dropbox or I need to do something special since my visa has a big cross mark with a pen. Any idea as to how long I may have to stay in India? Any help will be appreciated.

Originally posted by Rarunsrivatsan View Post
    I am a PhD student in the US and I have an F1 visa. I am going to finish my studies in 3 months from now. The immigration officer at Detroit airport crossed my US visa with a pen. He then apologized saying he mistook my date of birth with visa expiry date. He said he has entered in the system that it was his fault, however, I must renew my visa when i next go to India. I am going to India soon and I wanted to know if I can simply renew my visa using Dropbox or I need to do something special since my visa has a big cross mark with a pen. Any idea as to how long I may have to stay in India? Any help will be appreciated.
    I applied for Dropbox on Monday in Hyderabad. I submitted new DS 160, copy of my I20, 2 photos and my passport. Wednesday the status was updated to administrative processing. Thursday the visa was issued and Friday it was available for pick up. I can now go back to the US this weekend.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X