No announcement yet.

HELP! Urgent: SEVIS F1 OPT-STEM Completed ---- H1-B Approved but not Activated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! Urgent: SEVIS F1 OPT-STEM Completed ---- H1-B Approved but not Activated

So,

1. I have a valid STEM Ext OPT until May-2019.

2. My H1-B application (from Apr 17) got approved (on March 2018) but it was not activated as I had abandoned the Change of Status, by leaving the country (in Nov'17) before the approval. I received I-797B without i94. I received a separate letter stating that I have to travel outside the country to activate my H1-B.

3. On 27th Feb 2018 SEVIS record changed my F1 from "Active" to "Completed" stating that H1-B "change of status" has triggered the change. But, my H1-B is not activated yet.

Now, the dilemma is...

4. I don't know what is my current immigration status.

5. I'm on full-time employment since June-2016; I don't know if my STEM OPT EXT EAD is still valid (as F1 is completed).

6. I can book an appointment to get H1-B stamped but; I have worked in the time frame (28th Feb'18- Present); without knowing my immigration or work status.

7. Both the attorney and the school cannot verify if my F1 and EAD is valid or not. Nor they can tell my current immigration status.

I'm running out of options and ideas to deal with this.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X