Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sibling applying for F-1 student visa, but I am a naturalized US citizen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sibling applying for F-1 student visa, but I am a naturalized US citizen!

A bit of background: I originally came to the US some years ago on an F-1 visa, later got married to an American citizen, and was recently naturalized (everything was done fully legally and I never overstayed my status).

My sister recently got a full ride to a highly prestigious university in the US, and will apply for her F-1 visa soon. My worry is that she will be unable to show strong enough ties to our home country, despite the fact that the rest of our entire family lives in our home country. Will my US citizenship mean she is denied her visa?

Originally posted by sircharles View Post
    My worry is that she will be unable to show strong enough ties to our home country, despite the fact that the rest of our entire family lives in our home country. Will my US citizenship mean she is denied her visa?
    Student visas are long-shots for all applicants. It isn't easy overcoming the burden of demonstrating non-immigrant intent. If she is denied her visa the first time, I would not blame your naturalization for it. There are many elements that - in aggregate - influence the decision of the consular officer

For what it is worth, my little sibling was granted an F-1 visa despite disclosing that an older sibling (me) was unlawfully present in the US overstaying my F-1 status

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X