H4 to F1 complication - Name Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 complication - Name Check

I have been in the US on a H4 for three years. In May of 2005 I began my Masters degree at Cornell University.
    I applied for a change of status from H4 to F1 in Dec 2005 at the Vermont Center. I did not hear from the USCIS till May of 2006 (they were processing applications from March 2006 by that time). On enquiring further, I found that my application had been sent for a name check.

Since my I-20 expired on 26th May 2006 I withdrew my F1 application. But its almost end of August and I have still not heard back from them about my F1, its withdrawl or the I-94 I submitted wiht my application.

I realized that the case was not resolved when my application to renew the driver's license in Illinois was rejected - three weeks ago.(They check the I -94 to issue the Temporary Driver's License)

Meanwhile, I have been hired by a consulting firm, who is processing my H1. I am waiting for my H1 to get processed so I can get to work. But I am worried that my pending F1 application is going to impact the H1 application as well.

I would appreciate inputs on this very complicated never ending case

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X