Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 Applicant from India

Hi

I am F1 Applicant from India. Can you please tell me whether it would be ok for me to sponsored by a person from the US.
    Would that make me a possible Immigrant??
    Are there any rules or basis for classifying a person as a possible immigrant??

Can you also let me know if I can show sources of funding that are different from what is stated in the I-20??

Thanks
    Frazier

hi!

To become an immigrant (get your green card) you have two options. 1) Marry an American or person with a green card. 2) Get sponsored by a company after you're done with school.

Option 1 is probably the easiest. I with there was a marriage bureau here that set up green card holders or citizens with prospective spouses interested in green cards!

Americans (especially young Americans) are generally silly and foolish when it comes to marriage. Most don't understand the Indian concept of marriage. We young Americans think that marriage is just romantic and physical attraction made permanent. Well, romance and attraction don't last. That's why so many of us end up in divorce. If you marry somebody here, pick a potential spouse who is wise enough to see that marriage is for people with mutual respect, similar values, and willingness to share benefits and security. And be sure you're not just doing it for the green card!

Option 2) If you go the way of employment, don't go to work with a consulting company! They tend to take advantage of young Indian nationals. It's also getting harder and harder for consulting companies to stay in favor with the INS. A consulting company may promise you a green card, but they might not be able to get it for you.

Work for a bigger, established company. Wait to file your green card until after the economic situation improves. Most big companies have lawyers who help you through the process.

Good luck!

Comment

Re: hi!

Hi,
      Can you please tell me if being rejected for B1 thrice has any effect on subsequent F1 visa application? I was rejected 'cause all my siblings are in the US. I am a doctor by profession.
      Thanks.

Comment

F1 Visa

The B Visa - Visitors Visa Get S Denied A Lot Of Times Due To Many Reasons-one Of Which Is Possible Immigration Theyu Family.
        F1 - If You Hv An I20/ Prove Yr Financial Capacity/recommendations There Is No Reason Why You Should Be Denied..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X