Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funds necessary for F2 visa.

Hello,

I am getting married to my fiancee in february who is working currently in the US. He is holding his OPT card. We have few queires on F2 visa processing.

1) How many funds are to be shown at the time of interview? Do we have to show 3 months bank statements? Is there any minimum amount that we must and should show the consulate?

2) Would there be any problem if my fiancee has his OPT card but not working at the time of my F2 visa interview?

3) Since i am going as a dependent would i have to also show any funds or properties of my parents?

Your reply would help us a lot. Thank you very much.

Originally posted by arvamsi
    Hello,

I am getting married to my fiancee in february who is working currently in the US. He is holding his OPT card. We have few queires on F2 visa processing.

1) How many funds are to be shown at the time of interview? Do we have to show 3 months bank statements? Is there any minimum amount that we must and should show the consulate?

You need to show funds sufficient for his living expenses and dependent expenses as shown on your I-20. As OPT is only for 1 year, you can also show his job letter as proof of funds.

2) Would there be any problem if my fiancee has his OPT card but not working at the time of my F2 visa interview?

That could be a problem, first of all he will not be able to re-enter US if he does not have a job. So he is advised not to leave the country without securing a job first. Also, he is only allowed to have 90 days of unemployment in his 1 year OPT.

3) Since i am going as a dependent would i have to also show any funds or properties of my parents?

You can show your own funds but showing your parent's funds is not advised. Property in your or spouse's name will be good for showing home ties.

Your reply would help us a lot. Thank you very much.
    answers above
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

I am Graduate Student studying at USF, Tampa (first semester). I got married after two weeks of getting visa and before two weeks of coming to USA. Now I am planning to apply for my wife F2 visa. I have question that who should sponsor my wife? ( I showed my USA bank statement for F2 I-20 issuance. My mother sponsored my education)
      My brother is also in USA (he is on work authorization).
      1. Is it good If my mother sponsor my wife and I show $10,000 in my account and my brother showed $20,000 in his account, Moreover my mom property papers? ( I dont have my mother bank statement at the moment).
      2. If I will in DS 160 that my mother will sponsor my wife and visa officer ask my wife who will sponsor you and she says that my mother in law and brother in law as only one person name can be written in DS 160? whose name should be written in sponsor place in DS 160?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X