Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 -> F1 -> H1, With possibility of travel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Did you get your F1 stamping in India after COS in the US? How was the visa interview process?
    What kind of questions do they ask once you are already studying in a US institution?
    I'm in the same situation as yours. Please advice.
    Thanks.

Originally posted by rasharma View Post
    Hi,

I will be grateful, if someone can advice me with possible options.

- I have an OPT, that expires on 12th June' 2012

- I had gotten my F1 via a COS (from H1)

- My new employer applied to re-instate the old H1 (via a COS from F1 to H1 under a cap-exempt category), which was expected to start on 13th June' 2012 (right next day my OPT was expiring) .

- This H1 got approved, but due to a USCIS mistake the H1 validity start date was listed for 2013 (i.e.: 13th June 2013 instead of 13th June' 2012)

- When the attorneys realized this, they filed for correction and re-issue of approval notice (via an I-824) indicating the urgency of the matter (as my OPT expires in 30 days).

- I have read that the I-824 form takes upto 3 months to get approved.

- I can go the STEM route and can receive a receipt from USCIS of the STEM application.

QUESTIONS:
    1. I only have 30 days left on my OPT and I-824 will take about 90 days to get approved. What is the best course for me (as I am concerned about being out of status, till I-824 results comes out)?

2. Can USCIS deny the I-824 (for correcting dates on an already approved H1)?

3. Will my approved H1 cause my STEM request to be rejected by USCIS?

4. What else can I do to avoid going out of status?

Any advice will be helpful...

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X