Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 visa for my daughter and b2 visa for me

Hi
    My daughter is applying for vIsa In USA EMBASSY for F1 undergraduate course .
    Questions
    1] I being mother should i also go for visa together as i want to go and settle her or i should file separately.
    2] i have a younger daughter also and she will be accompanying me for the visa .
    Thanks

You can go together.

Not sure about your younger daughter though - is she also applying for a visa? I'm not sure how it would look if everybody in the family is going. There is otherwise no need for her to accompany you since you have your older daughter with you. Consider applying for the interview in your native language if available.

Comment

Thanks for reply sorry was away and couldnt thank

i HAVE A SEPARATE DATE WITH MY YOUNGER DAUGHTER AND MY ELDER DAUGHTER HAS INTERVIEW DATES EARLIER FOR HER STUDIES FOR UNDERGRADUATE FOR F1 .

SO I WANT TO BE TRUE THAT I AM GOING TO SETTLE MY ELDER DAUGHTER WILL IT HAVE ANY PROBLEM AS IN INDIA ITS COMMON WE ARE ATTACHED TO OUR KIDS .

ALSO YOUNGER ONE CANT STAY WITHOUT ME HENCE I HAVE TO TAKE HER AND WE SHOULD BE BACK BEFORE CHRISTMAS IN INDIA.
      DOES ANYONE THINK THE VISA OFFICER CAN SAY NO LET YOUR ELDER DAUGHTER WHO IS 16 LET HER GO ALONE YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO ACCOMPANY HER
      PLS GIVE INPUTS BY WHO ALL HAVE EXPERIENCED SIMILAR SITUATIONS

Comment

Your elder daughter is 16 and starting undergrad?

Or is your younger daughter 16? You said your younger daughter can't stay without you. Is her father alive and can your younger daughter not stay with him? (don't get offended.... they will pursue this line of questioning once you say what you said here; be prepared for this).

Back before Christmas? That's 4-5 months, if you're going to just settle your daughter for undergrad. I'm assuming she's starting in fall semester (Aug/Sept). Staying till end of December (4-5 months from fall) will open another can of worms for you. They'll ask how come the younger girl is not attending school, if you intend to work in the US, how you'll support yourself for such a long time, etc. If your daughter is staring in January and you're only going in December, that wouldn't be a big deal.

I have known students whose parents have dropped them off and gotten them settled in the US. It's a small number but not odd or rare. It may work out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mogu View Post
          Your elder daughter is 16 and starting undergrad?

Or is your younger daughter 16? You said your younger daughter can't stay without you. Is her father alive and can your younger daughter not stay with him? (don't get offended.... they will pursue this line of questioning once you say what you said here; be prepared for this).

Back before Christmas? That's 4-5 months, if you're going to just settle your daughter for undergrad. I'm assuming she's starting in fall semester (Aug/Sept). Staying till end of December (4-5 months from fall) will open another can of worms for you. They'll ask how come the younger girl is not attending school, if you intend to work in the US, how you'll support yourself for such a long time, etc. If your daughter is staring in January and you're only going in December, that wouldn't be a big deal.

I have known students whose parents have dropped them off and gotten them settled in the US. It's a small number but not odd or rare. It may work out.

Comment

wequest, your reply is empty.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X