Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

214(b) Denial. I am devastated. Any help will be appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 214(b) Denial. I am devastated. Any help will be appreciated.

Hi I need help regarding my F1 visa. I was rejected on 30th July and was given the generic 214(b) letter which says I was not able to show ties to my home country. They didnt ask about my country though

Me: Goodmorning

VO: Goodmorning. Santa Clara University. Why are you going ther?

Me:Apart from subjects such a machine learning and big data modelling that every university has I get to choose subjects such as blockchain and fin tech which im passionate about.

VO: I see youve spent quite some time in US.

Me: Last two times I went there was for work and the one before that was for my sisters graduation.

VO: I see you have a chinese work permit.

Me: Yes I studied my undergrad from Beijing, China then came back to India and went to Shanghai to work for a year.

VO: I see you spent 6 months in USA in 1996

Me. That was when I was on my moms passport.

VO: Were you there in 1996 on B2 visa?

Me: I dont know I was on my moms passport.

VO: You were ther on B2?

Me:Must have been.

The VO leaves and takes my passport and I-20

Comes back types a bunch of stuff on her computer while im staring at her smiling awkwardly as I was nervous by this time and after 10 mins

VO: What do you do currently?

Me: I work as a senior business development executive at nash healthcare we do analysis on clients needs and source producst from china for selling and manufacturing in India.

VO: Here is your I-20. I cannot give you a visa at this time. Also I have cancelled your Tourist Visa.

Me: May I know the reason please?

VO: Its in the printed slip.

I left and couldnt say thank you to her as I was shocked and devastated. hope she didnt think I was rude to not say anything after that.

So after the interview I spoke to my father. He says I was on L2 visa not B2 and never overstayed my visa in the US. I have received visa of US and visited in 1997 and 1999. I have even received US tourist visa in 2017(the one she cancelled) for 10 years and visited 3 times in 2 and a half years for a total duration of 8 months(1 month,4months and 3 months).

I was 4 years old in 1996 and this question totally came from the left field as I was not prepared to answer it. I should have said l2 visa if only I had known about it. My mom passed away in 1997 in California so I have her passport but am looking for the L2 acceptance paper visa.

I am preparing to apply again and this time will let them know about the L2 mistake i made in the last interview also they did not ask about my property, my grades, future plans or any of my 5 other admit universities.

How can I make the next interview count and change their mind?

I have never overstayed and followed the laws of every country i travel to. Also im genuinely planning to come back. Have my girlfriend in India and plan to start my own company as I dont want to work for anyone also the hoops you have to go through for H1B are crazy.

Please help

If it matters Im 27 from New Delhi India.
    I am planning to give my next interview in another city(mumbai) not because itll be easier but because they have earlier date slots(should i not?)

Hi feelinglucky
    Did you finally got F1 visa ?

Comment

Seems very strange if all of your prior travel history is correct...you've had ample opportunity to remain in the US and didn't; why would you now? (or at least that would be my thoughts as a former CO)3

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X