Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cancelling F1 Visa and returning on existing H4 visa!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancelling F1 Visa and returning on existing H4 visa!!

My wife received her H4 visa about a year back. she recently got her F1 Visa approved and old H4 visa is not cancelled on her passport. She entered US again on F1 Visa and I94 shows the same.

Within first month, she realized she doesn't like the course. She has applied for another university but that is for next semester and chances of getting an acceptance are uncertain.

What we should do cancel her F1 Visa?
    How to make sure her H4 visa is still valid and she can stay here in US if she cancels her full enrollment from University? She should travel outside and go to embassy again for cancelling F1 and confirming her H4 visa OR we can do that while staying in US?
    Last edited by Trinity71; 01-03-2020, 11:21 AM.

Originally posted by Ressler View Post
    My wife received her H4 visa about a year back. she recently got her F1 Visa approved and old H4 visa is not cancelled on her passport. She entered US again on F1 Visa and I94 shows the same.

Within first month, she realized she doesn't like the course. She has applied for another university but that is for next semester and chances of getting an acceptance are uncertain.

How to make sure her H4 visa is still valid and she can stay here in US if she cancels her full enrollment from University? She should travel outside and go to embassy again for cancelling F1 and confirming her H4 visa OR we can do that while staying in US?

Even I am also stuck in this situation. I don't know where to get the help but I am sure that on this forum, I will be able to get some help. I am also willing to take my friend with me but I don't know if her visa will be approved quickly or I will have to travel all alone.
    Last edited by Trinity71; 01-03-2020, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ressler View Post

A visa is merely for entry. Stay within the US is dictated by I94. In order to go back to H4, you have two choices: (1) File for COS; This is a lengthy process, but can done from within the US. (2) Travel outside the US and enter back showing the valid H4 visa (when you have multiple valid visas you get to choose which one to present at the time of entry).
      Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X