Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F2 VISA holder entering US from a non-restricted country in COVID times

Hi all,
    My wife is scheduled to enter US later next week on an F2 VISA. She's flying from Australia (which does not figure in the list of COVID restricted countries).
    As per my research there doesn't seem to be any restrictions on F2 VISA either.
    I just wanted to check if people here have any first hand experience or know someone who's traveled recently on an F VISA?

Cheers,
    Ibn

Ok. Answering my own qs (and guess asking new one!), she was allowed entry with one hitch. The immigration officer put her on B1/B2 rather than F2. Seems lack of communication as the officer didn't ask and my wife didn't specify to put her on F2 (probably coz her flight was leaving in like 10 mins). So now we have to apply for change of status through form I-539.
    So qs, has anyone experienced such tragedy of errors at the airport and filed I539? If yes, how long did it take, and what are the probability of success?
    Cheers

Comment

Maybe she can first contact a CBP deferred inspection office and try to get it corrected?

This is my personal opinion and is not to be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thanks. We contacted. They say this is not something they can correct.
        We've also been advised to travel to and back from Mexico with new VISA. Has anyone tried that recently? Any suggestions would be welcome. I've never flown (or thought of flying) to Mexico.

Comment

ok so it seems I needed to contact the Deferred Inspection site of the state where this issue happened (so far I had been connecting with DIS close to my home). I didn't needed to go anywhere after all. They did the needful within a day.​​​

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X