Travelling to Mexico and back to change status

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travelling to Mexico and back to change status

Hello people, Posting my question separately here, even though I'd posted my problem in another thread. This is entirely different qs and I couldn't find an answer to this on this forum.
    So my wife was mistakenly put on B visa when she had F visa in her person at US immigration. We have been advised to travel to Mexico by road and come back to US to change VISA (I'm in Texas). Has anyone tried that? How easy/tough that is ? Any suggestions on how to go about doing it?

Cheers,
    Ibn

In most cases, you don't need to cross the border itself.
    Just park the car at the CBP station, enter the office, request that you need a new I-94 to correct the mistake.
    It costs $6
    Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Wow.. that would reduce the work considerably. Thank you
      Do you have any suggestion how can I find the CBP station close to Mexico border?
      Cheers

Comment

The border office is usually next to the entry booths. There are signs that say "US Customs and Border protection ->" before you actually exit the country.
        You will also find border agents directing traffic and you can ask for help if needed.
        In some instances, they may ask you to cross the border and make a U turn (this is when you exit the US but do not actually enter the Mexico side)
        Opinion only. Cannot be construed as legal advice.

Comment

Thank you...appreciate the help!

Comment

ok answering my question here. I didn't needed to go anywhere after all. I called up Deferred Inspection Sites at the state where the mix-up happened and they did the needful within a day.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X